Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Hog Island Oyster Co.
Cuisine: American, Seafood
Price Range: $$
Delicious fresh seafood and a veritable "oyster experience" await you at Hog Island Oyster Bar. Here, enthusiasts savor the freshest local oysters, including Hog Island Kumamoto, Sweetwater and... Read More
Delicious fresh seafood and a veritable "oyster experience" await you at Hog Island Oyster Bar. Here, enthusiasts savor the freshest local oysters, including Hog Island Kumamoto, Sweetwater and Atlantics, served raw, baked or as part of a stew. Other menu favorites include steamed Manila clams, daily seafood specials, organic salads and the ever-popular Hog Island grilled cheese sandwich. And with its fantastic location right in the Ferry Building alongside the beautiful Embarcadero, you'll be eating in one of the liveliest spots in all of San Francisco. Enjoy half-priced chef's choice oysters during happy hour from 5 pm to 7 pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Oyster Bars: "If you have the time, drive out to Point Reyes and eat Hog Island oysters at their source."
- Waterfront Dining: "If you really love this place and want to go to the source, make time to visit the Hog Oyster Island Oyster Farm in nearby and beautiful Tomales Bay."
- Restaurants with Views: "Try their grilled cheese sandwiches, which locals rave about."
- Best for Oyster Bars Because: Hog Island Oyster Bar has been growing in popularity but its service and quality never seem to suffer.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Grabbing a few oysters at Hog Island Oyster in the Ferry Building is just one of the many mouth-watering stops in that beautiful market.
- Best for Restaurants with Views Because: It's getting harder to procure local, fresh oysters, so Hog Island is worth noting.