Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of used in book.
Cuisine: American, European, Italian, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
It's not hard to see why Scoma's is a classic San Francisco favorite. Located on Fisherman's Wharf, the family-run eatery boasts broad windows with sweeping views of the wharf and the bay. The... Read More
It's not hard to see why Scoma's is a classic San Francisco favorite. Located on Fisherman's Wharf, the family-run eatery boasts broad windows with sweeping views of the wharf and the bay. The extensive menu tempts with fresh, sustainable seafood, all served in generous portions. Patron favorites include the clam chowder, Dungeness crab cakes and hearty cioppino alla pescatore. Be sure to save room for house-made desserts like tiramisu and apple crisp. For those who would like a trip across the Golden Gate Bridge - arguably the best view of everything the Bay has to offer - there's a Scoma's in Sausalito, too.
- Waterfront Dining: "For a true taste of San Francisco, order the dish that was invented in San Francisco: Cioppino, a delightful seafood stew of Crab, Prawns, Sea Scallops, Clams, Mussels, Fresh Fish, Calamari served in "Mama" Scoma's Rich Tomato Broth."
- Seafood: "If you're up for a beautiful Ferry ride, Scoma's in Sausalito is worth the trip, too."
- Restaurants with Views: "You've got to try the cioppino, which was created in San Francisco."
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Scoma's is full of not just delicious food but an experienced and trained staff with great tips for tourists.
- Best for Seafood Because: Scoma keeps getting more popular but the quality of the seafood and staff service never seems to suffer.
- Best for Restaurants with Views Because: This family restaurant has been around since the mid60's and is incredibly consistent with the quality of its seafood.