Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of used in book.
Cuisine: American, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
For more than a generation, Waterfront has tempted diners with a host of fresh seafood offerings. These days, with renewed interest in the Embarcadero, the upscale restaurant enjoys an added dose of... Read More
For more than a generation, Waterfront has tempted diners with a host of fresh seafood offerings. These days, with renewed interest in the Embarcadero, the upscale restaurant enjoys an added dose of attention. Its amazing views of the Bay, and the Bay Bridge in particular, are sublime whether you dine inside or out. The menu is also an enticing prospect, populated by dishes like wood oven-roasted Dungeness crab, bouillabaisse, linguine with clams and grilled fish. A robust wine list includes selections by the bottle or the glass. The brand new Exploratorium is a quick walk away, which has 1.5 acres of free public space that offers more spectacular views.
- Restaurants with Views, Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Anchor Steam, San Francisco's signature beer, is on tap here for $3 during their M-F, 3-6 pm Happy Hour. That's hard to beat."
- Waterfront Dining: "Enjoy a $5 beer during their Happy Hour from 3-6, M-F, with that unbeatable view of the Bay Bridge."
- Best for Restaurants with Views Because: Waterfront is enjoying a renaissance because its right in the middle of the Embaracedro building boom.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Waterfront's success is about as simple as its name. A great choice for romantics, too.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Waterfront may be expensive, but you'll be spending money on a quality catch of fish.