Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
The Mission is known for its cheap but excellent Mexican food (see: La Tacqueria). Yamo keeps the price low but switches the cuisine by going east, as in Far East, as in Burma. If you like... Read More
The Mission is known for its cheap but excellent Mexican food (see: La Tacqueria). Yamo keeps the price low but switches the cuisine by going east, as in Far East, as in Burma. If you like hole-in-the-wall bars, then you'll like the atmosphere of this hole-in-the-wall eatery, which can become so packed you'll think your own elbow is sizzling on the always active wok. If you're not into that kind of unasked for press-the-flesh atmosphere, then order ahead for take-out. The low price for this kind of quality is unheard of, particularly Yamo's sinfully crispy samusas and egg rolls, which should come before whatever else you decide to order.
- Mission District's Best Restaurants: "Very small, cramped space that gets extremely busy. Order take-out; cash only."
- Best Value: "Be sure to sample the unique and unforgettable Tea Salad."
- Homestyle, Asian: "Yamo is popular, so be prepared to wait in line. One of the best cheap-eat options in the Mission."
- Best for Mission District's Best Restaurants Because: In a neighborhood known for cheap Mexican food, Yamo bring cheap Burmese to the table.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: One of the more affordable Middle-Eastern restaurants in the city.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Yamo feels like you just walked into a friend's kitchen in Asia.
- Best for Asian Because: Yamo offers quality Asian food in a small, simple setting.