Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Cuisine: Asian, Burmese
If you want an Asian restaurant with plenty of space and attentive service, Yamo's may not be for you. But if you'rw willing to sacrifice some of the atmospheric frills that accompany most residents... Read More
If you want an Asian restaurant with plenty of space and attentive service, Yamo's may not be for you. But if you'rw willing to sacrifice some of the atmospheric frills that accompany most residents for an excellent, thoughtful meal, then try Yamo's. Located in the city's ultra-hip and busy Mission District, Yamo's is a cramped place where take-out is the best plan. Be sure to sample the unique and popular tea-leaf salad. Noodles can be served either hot or cold. If you are able to find a seat, it's a delight to watch the cooks work their magic on the hot stoves.
- Homestyle, Asian: "Yamo is popular, so be prepared to wait in line. One of the best cheap-eat options in the Mission."
- Mission District's Best Restaurants: "Very small, cramped space that gets extremely busy. Order take-out; cash only."
- Best Value: "Be sure to sample the unique and unforgettable Tea Salad."
- Best for Homestyle Because: Yamo feels like you just walked into a friend's kitchen in Asia.
- Best for Mission District's Best Restaurants Because: In a neighborhood known for cheap Mexican food, Yamo bring cheap Burmese to the table.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: One of the more affordable Middle-Eastern restaurants in the city.
- Best for Asian Because: Yamo offers quality Asian food in a small, simple setting.