Explore San Francisco
Type: Shopping Districts
The Union Square neighborhood centers around Union Square, a great little urban park, which is itself surrounded by a host of upscale shopping venues. In fact, the district is generally acknowledged... Read More
The Union Square neighborhood centers around Union Square, a great little urban park, which is itself surrounded by a host of upscale shopping venues. In fact, the district is generally acknowledged as the city's main shopping haven. In the vicinity are Macy's, Saks, Gumps and Gucci; they, along with other retail standards, keep shoppers busy for hours. Restaurants and theaters are also found here, as is convenient garage parking. Transportation is easily accessible, and public concerts are an occasional diversion. Even better, the busy district affords great people-watching. If the fog has lifted and it's a beautiful San Francisco day, you can criss-cross lovely Union Square and go shop to shop but still get some fresh Pacific air.
333 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
- Christmas Shopping: ""Winter Walk" is an annual, popular event that runs right next to Union Square from late November through the end of December that features "family friendly activities, food trucks, beer and wine gardens, craft holiday cocktails, and an abundance of instagramable moments.""
- Shopping Malls and Centers: "Check out the TIX Bay Area booth in Union Square that offers half-price tickets to many Bay Area events."
- Best Shopping: "Take a ride on the glass elevators of the Saint Francis Hotel for an unbelievable view of downtown."
- Best for Christmas Shopping Because: Union Square is ground central for Christmas and holiday shopping.
- Best for Shopping Malls and Centers Because: The stores surrounding Union Square offer a wide variety for the serious shopper.
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: Union Square has more shopping options than any other block of San Francisco.