Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Bay Area Discovery Museum
Type: Adventure, Children's Museums, Family Friendly, Great Views, Museums
If the kids have been on their very best behavior and deserve a real treat, take the time to cross the Golden Gate Bridge and visit the Bay Area Discovery Museum. This premium stretch of real estate... Read More
If the kids have been on their very best behavior and deserve a real treat, take the time to cross the Golden Gate Bridge and visit the Bay Area Discovery Museum. This premium stretch of real estate just below Sausalito and right on the bay has been completely devoted to keeping the endless imagination of children engaged for a full day. The real highlight is "The Cove," a 2.5 acre interactive exploration area with five iconic structures of the Bay Area and art work for kids to clamber all over. If you want your kids to think you're the coolest parents on the planet, then take them to the Bay Area Discovery Museum.
- Things to Do with Kids, Holiday Attractions, Family-Friendly Museums: "Taking the ferry to Sausalito and then hiking or cabbing to the Bay Area Discovery Museum is a fun way to see more of the beautiful Marin Headlands."
- Museums: "The Bay Area Discovery Museum has an excellent program schedule for kids, including Toddler Circle Time."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Believe it or not, Bay Area Discovery Museum really does make learning fun.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Only in the mild climate of the Bay Area can a family spend a holiday outdoors at this wonderful museum.
- Best for Museums Because: Like the Exploratorium, the Bay Area Discovery Museum is an excellent option for families.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Bay Area Discovery Museum is a good reward for kids who just got dragged around on a Sonoma or Napa wine tour.