Explore San Francisco
Walt Disney Family Museum
Type: Adventure, Children's Museums, Family Friendly, Museums
What says family better than Walt Disney? While this Walt Disney attraction can't offer roller coaster rides like Disney World and Disneyland, it can offer an engaging education for the entire... Read More
What says family better than Walt Disney? While this Walt Disney attraction can't offer roller coaster rides like Disney World and Disneyland, it can offer an engaging education for the entire family. Some of permanent exhibits include the earliest drawings of Mickey Mouse, the "Multiplane Camera" that Disney developed to bring depth to the early classics like Snow White, and Walt's 26 original Academy Awards. Be sure to check out the Walt Disney Family Museum, and, at least on this Walt Disney experience, you can be sure that Dad won't lose his glasses and his wallet while screaming through a triple loop-de-loop.
- Things to Do with Kids: "While you're in the Presidio, take the kids to Crissy Fields, too."
- Museums: "Start off your tour with "Beginnings," which highlights Walt Disney's formative early years."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "The museum is in the Presidio, which offers beautiful views of both the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: We all just live in the world of Disney, don't we?
- Best for Museums Because: Hard to find a bigger hit with families than the Walt Disney Family Museum.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: If Walt Disney can't come up with a museum that won't bore your kids, no one can.