Explore Santa Barbara
Cuisine: Fusion, Indian
Billing itself as "unauthentic Indian," Bibi Ji is home to some of the brightest flavors in Santa Barbara. Owners Alejandro Medina and James Beard award-winning sommelier Rajat Parr, along with... Read More
Billing itself as "unauthentic Indian," Bibi Ji is home to some of the brightest flavors in Santa Barbara. Owners Alejandro Medina and James Beard award-winning sommelier Rajat Parr, along with Executive Chef Gary Singh, offer a menu that highlights the abundance of local seafood served sea-to-table with traditional Indian coconut curries and fresh produce sourced from the farmers market. Accordingly, dishes change with the season. Start with the chutney platter, definitely try the uni biryani (if it's available) and leave the rest to fate when you sample the chef's menu. Open for dinner seven days a week and walking distance from almost everything downtown.
734 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Best Restaurants for Fall: "Bibi Ji isn't just a food destination. It's also a bottle shop with a selection curated by famed sommelier Rajat Parr. Stop in and grab a bottle of wine (or beer) to parch your thirst."
- Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants, New and Popular Restaurants: "Bibi Ji isn't just a food destination. It's also a bottle shop. Stop in and grab a bottle of beer or wine to parch your thirst."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: Bibi Ji's menu is packed with bright jolts of flavor, just what you need when the days start getting shorter.
- Best for Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants Because: Bibi Ji is the bright new flavor star in town and lives up to the hype - with a friendly staff and great location too!
- Best for New and Popular Restaurants Because: Indulge in an entirely new flavor experience in Santa Barbara. Prepare for a meal that's sweet, savory, spicy and salty all at once.