Explore Santa Barbara
Cajun Kitchen Cafe
Cuisine: American, Cajun, Comfort Food, Diner
Price Range: $
Cajun Kitchen is a Santa Barbara tradition, a local breakfast and lunch joint with something like a million different area locations. And every location is packed, too! Hearty food, good prices and... Read More
Cajun Kitchen is a Santa Barbara tradition, a local breakfast and lunch joint with something like a million different area locations. And every location is packed, too! Hearty food, good prices and quick service keep us coming. Standard fare at Cajun Kitchen includes big, three-egg omelets, syrupy french toast and classic sandwiches. But there are menu surprises too, like spicy chilaquiles and savory jambalaya and eggs. Breakfast is served all day. In addition to your usual toast options, they also offer cornbread and blueberry muffins. This a great place to take kids even if they're notoriously picky eaters. It's also a fun, informal pick for dining with a group. Prepare for a wait on weekend mornings.
1924 De La Vina St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Breakfast/Brunch: "Wheat or white? Cornbread or blueberry muffins? Yep, this place goes way beyond toast, so don't waste your time on 12-grain."
- Best Value: "When they ask you what kind of bread you want on the side, say blueberry muffins. Or cornbread. Yes, those are real options."
- Family Friendly: "You are not limited to "white or wheat?" here. It's more like "white or wheat or biscuits or cornbread of blueberry muffins?""
- Homestyle: "When they ask you what kind of toast you want, say "blueberry muffins." Trust us."
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: Cajun Kitchen is a local chain and the ideal place to, um, cure what ails you (if what ails you is a hangover).
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Large portions, a friendly atmosphere and bottomless coffee will start your day right!
- Best for Family Friendly Because: For a fun, casual family breakfast that leaves everyone full, this is the place to go.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Best greasy spoon breakfast in town - easy on the grease! Enjoy scrambles, omelets, biscuits and gravy and more.