Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
The Blue Owl
Cuisine: Asian, Fusion
If after hour burritos bore you and and you think midnight pizza is a snooze, head to The Blue Owl for a late night meal guaranteed to wake up your taste buds. Chef Cindy Black offers an unexpected... Read More
If after hour burritos bore you and and you think midnight pizza is a snooze, head to The Blue Owl for a late night meal guaranteed to wake up your taste buds. Chef Cindy Black offers an unexpected variety of menu items here. Try the Kimcheezer (a grilled cheese made with kimchee) or a savory crab melt. Specials vary daily and ingredients change with what's in season at any given time. The Blue Owl is open late night on Fridays and Saturdays - it's the perfect way to cap off a long night or start a long weekend. It's also open brunch/lunch and dinner. There are some great beers and wines available too.
- Late Night: "Come hungry and order bravely. You may never have had a kimchee grilled cheese or duck croissant, but that doesn't mean you won't like them!"
- Best Value, Hamburger: "If you go during the day, save room for pie. It's sooooo good!"
- Take Out: "Come hungry and order with abandon. The Blue Owl's menu is so tasty and so ever-changing that you'll always regret it if you didn't order that one-thing-you-saw-that-one-time because you were being sensible."
- Best for Late Night Because: The Blue Owl is open late Fridays and Saturdays, from 10 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. And it's delicious. So, so delicious.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: For the tastiest sandwiches and salads under $10, the Blue Owl is the best lunch (or late night) spot in town.
- Best for Hamburger Because: Multiple people have reported staying out well past their bedtimes just so they can get their hands on Cindy's Thai basil cheeseburger.
- Best for Take Out Because: The Blue Owl takes takeout food to a whole new level. Everything's prepared fresh and exploding with flavor.