Explore Santa Barbara
Cuisine: American, California, Local Specialty
Price Range: $$
For a date night that's almost guaranteed to be a success, head to The Lark for a chef-driven menu and great ambience. There is both indoor and outdoor seating, but you should sit outside for the best... Read More
For a date night that's almost guaranteed to be a success, head to The Lark for a chef-driven menu and great ambience. There is both indoor and outdoor seating, but you should sit outside for the best view of the night sky. There are plenty of warm heaters, and they even offer cozy lap blankets. The menu here celebrates Central Coast fare, from fruits and vegetables to meats and wines. Food is intended for sharing and served family-style. The rotating craft cocktail selection is small but thoughtful. We strongly suggest that you make reservations online well in advance. Attached to The Lark is Pearl Social, a cocktail bar with select nibbles available. Valet parking on site. Street parking and city lots nearby.
- Romantic Dining: "Make a reservation online and indicate any special occasions when you do. You will often get a special touch during your meal, like a handwritten welcome note or special birthday dessert."
- Best Restaurants for Fall: "Dine al fresco without worrying about getting chilly. The Lark has a heated patio and piles of cozy blankets for guests."
- Best Restaurants for Spring: "While you're waiting for a table, pop out back to Les Marchands - a chic wine bar - to wet your whistle."
- Farm to Table, Outdoor Dining, Homestyle: "If you want to sit outside, reserve a table online in advance. The Lark is usually packed, even on a Tuesday night."
- Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants: "Plan to arrive early or stay late and pop through the hallway to Les Marchands, an attached wine bar that feels like a place all the cool kids hangout."
- Best Restaurants: "While you're waiting for a table, pop out back to Les Marchands - a chic wine bar - and wet your whistle."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Great drinks and an impressive menu made for sharing makes The Lark a chic dinner date destination in Santa Barbara's Funk Zone.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: The Lark's menu changes with the season, highlighting the freshest local ingredients.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: The Lark's menu changes frequently within every season. Spring dishes include burrata with Ojai pixie tangerines, creamy artichoke risotto and local strawberries with goat cheese.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: The Lark restaurant is a foodie find for travelers looking to experience the flavors of the California Central Coast.
- Best for Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants Because: The Lark opened in 2013 and the wait for a table has only gotten longer since - a testament to their delicious and ever-changing menu.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The Lark has a varied menu that's made to share, served in a chic atmosphere in the center of Santa Barbara's Funk Zone.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Chilly? Snuggle into one of The Lark's soft blankets - offered to all patio guests- while enjoying a gourmet meal.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Meals here are served homestyle - large portions ideal for sharing - and you'll wish your mom's cooking tasted this good (sorry, Mom).