Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, California, Local Specialty
Price Range: $$
Six years after it first opened, The Lark is still drawing a crowd with its impressive seasonal fare. The menu here celebrates Central Coast flavors, from locally-grown fruits and vegetables to meats... Read More
Six years after it first opened, The Lark is still drawing a crowd with its impressive seasonal fare. The menu here celebrates Central Coast flavors, from locally-grown fruits and vegetables to meats and wines. Farm-to-table dishes are intended for sharing and served family style. Nothing comes to your table that will make you think, "Oh I could just make this myself." You can't. Chef Jason Paluska and his coconspirators even put out a (great) cookbook, but unless you keep a ready supply of preserved lemons, sea urchin and Douglas fir needles on hand, you're better off just going to the restaurant to eat. There is a fun cocktail list, too. We strongly suggested that you make reservations online well in advance. The Lark fills up quickly, but walk-ins may luck out and find a seat at the bar or the long communal table.
- Best Restaurants for Fall: "Dine al fresco without worrying about getting chilly. The Lark has a heated patio and piles of cozy blankets for guests."
- Best Restaurants for Spring: "While you're waiting for a table, pop out back to Les Marchands - a chic wine bar - to wet your whistle."
- Romantic Dining: "Want to sit outside? Or inside? Reserve a table online in advance. The Lark is usually packed, even on Tuesday nights."
- Farm to Table, Outdoor Dining, Homestyle: "If you want to sit outside, reserve a table online in advance. The Lark is usually packed, even on a Tuesday night."
- Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants: "Plan to arrive early or stay late and pop through the hallway to Les Marchands, an attached wine bar that feels like a place all the cool kids hangout."
- Best Restaurants: "While you're waiting for a table, pop out back to Les Marchands - a chic wine bar - and wet your whistle."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: The Lark's menu changes with the season, highlighting the freshest local ingredients.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: The Lark's menu changes frequently within every season. Spring dishes include burrata with Ojai pixie tangerines, creamy artichoke risotto and local strawberries with goat cheese.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Great drinks and an impressive menu made for sharing makes The Lark a chic dinner date destination in Santa Barbara's Funk Zone.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: The Lark restaurant is a foodie find for travelers looking to experience the flavors of the California Central Coast.
- Best for Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants Because: The Lark opened in 2013 and the wait for a table has only gotten longer since - a testament to their delicious and ever-changing menu.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The Lark has a varied menu that's made to share, served in a chic atmosphere in the center of Santa Barbara's Funk Zone.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Chilly? Snuggle into one of The Lark's soft blankets - offered to all patio guests- while enjoying a gourmet meal.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Meals here are served homestyle - large portions ideal for sharing - and you'll wish your mom's cooking tasted this good (sorry, Mom).