Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, California, Local Specialty
Price Range: $$
Visit The Lark for remarkable dishes that change with the season, and within the season too. The chef-driven menu here celebrates Central Coast fare, from fruits and vegetables to meats and wines.... Read More
Visit The Lark for remarkable dishes that change with the season, and within the season too. The chef-driven menu here celebrates Central Coast fare, from fruits and vegetables to meats and wines. Food is intended for sharing and served family-style. Cocktails are also seasonal and quite good. Chef Jason Paluska and the team here recently put out a cookbook. One look at how challenging the recipes are and how many ingredients each includes and you'll find yourself making a reservation right away. The Lark fills up quickly, but walk-ins may luck out and find a seat at the bar or the long communal table. Attached to The Lark is Les Marchands, a chic wine bar and market with select nibbles available. Valet parking on site.
- Best Restaurants for Spring: "While you're waiting for a table, pop out back to Les Marchands - a chic wine bar - to wet your whistle."
- Romantic Dining: "Want to sit outside? Or inside? Reserve a table online in advance. The Lark is usually packed, even on Tuesday nights."
- Farm to Table, Outdoor Dining, Homestyle: "If you want to sit outside, reserve a table online in advance. The Lark is usually packed, even on a Tuesday night."
- Best Restaurants for Fall, Best Restaurants: "While you're waiting for a table, pop out back to Les Marchands - a chic wine bar - and wet your whistle."
- Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants: "Plan to arrive early or stay late and pop through the hallway to Les Marchands, an attached wine bar that feels like a place all the cool kids hangout."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: The Lark's menu changes frequently within every season. Spring dishes include burrata with Ojai pixie tangerines, creamy artichoke risotto and local strawberries with goat cheese.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Great drinks and an impressive menu made for sharing makes The Lark a chic dinner date destination in Santa Barbara's Funk Zone.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: The Lark restaurant is a foodie find for travelers looking to experience the flavors of the California Central Coast.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: The Lark's menu changes with the season, highlighting the freshest local ingredients.
- Best for Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants Because: The Lark opened in 2013 and the wait for a table has only gotten longer since - a testament to their delicious and ever-changing menu.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The Lark has a varied menu that's made to share, served in a chic atmosphere in the center of Santa Barbara's Funk Zone.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Chilly? Snuggle into one of The Lark's soft blankets - offered to all patio guests- while enjoying a gourmet meal.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Meals here are served homestyle - large portions ideal for sharing - and you'll wish your mom's cooking tasted this good (sorry, Mom).