Explore Santa Barbara
Type: Bar, Lounge, Wine Bar
Sometimes you want to get away from it all... all the downtown noise, crowds and traffic. For times like these, head to Goleta and pay a visit to the Mercury Lounge. A hidden gem in an unassuming... Read More
Sometimes you want to get away from it all... all the downtown noise, crowds and traffic. For times like these, head to Goleta and pay a visit to the Mercury Lounge. A hidden gem in an unassuming strip mall, the Mercury is something of a haven, a dark velvet calm of a wine and beer bar complete with low couches, a single pool table, vintage glassware and a cozy rear patio. With dozens of beers to choose from and a wine list that leans local, it's a connoisseur's type of place - perfect for intimate conversations or dark solo musings. They also host live music from time to time. Free parking on the street or in the small rear lot.
5871 Hollister Ave.
Goleta, CA 93117
- Goleta's Best Bars: "Belly up to the bar and order popcorn to enjoy with your drinks."
- Wine Bars: "In the mood for harder stuff? The Mercury has a sister bar down the road, The Imperial, that serves delicious whiskey drinks."
- Bars: "If you love live music, keep your eyes on the Mercury Lounge Facebook page to catch great acts."
- Best for Goleta's Best Bars Because: The Mercury Lounge has a warm, inviting atmosphere and is sure to impress beer drinkers with their tap selections.
- Best for Wine Bars Because: Tasty, local wines in a dark and mysterious and - dare we say - sexy atmosphere.
- Best for Bars Because: The Mercury Lounge has an inviting, vintage atmosphere and is sure to impress beer drinkers with its selection of specialty taps.