Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Renaud's Patisserie & Bistro
Cuisine: Bakery, European, French
Price Range: $
The best chocolate croissant you will ever enjoy is not waiting for you in Paris. (Sorry if that shakes up some plans for intercontinental travel but, don't worry, they still have the best escargot.)... Read More
The best chocolate croissant you will ever enjoy is not waiting for you in Paris. (Sorry if that shakes up some plans for intercontinental travel but, don't worry, they still have the best escargot.) No, it is right here in Santa Barbara, waiting, nay, beckoning from the beautiful glass case at Renaud's Patisserie & Bistro. Before you even take the first bite, you know there is something different about this croissant, something that makes it superior to any previous croissant you've eaten. Just put one finger on the shell and you will feel the difference; the crust is so flaky and perfectly baked that it literally shatters at the touch! And yet somehow, through a magical method likely known only to Monsieur Renaud, the interior is still moist and chewy. And the chocolate? Of the highest quality, dark yet sweet and not too much.
- Breakfast/Brunch, San Roque's Best Restaurants: "The almond croissants are pretty dang amazing, too."
- Best Restaurants: "Stick to the pastries, and you're in for a treat."
- Take Out: "Here for lunch? Hate sweets? On a diet? Doesn't matter - order one of their chocolate croissants anyway. It will change your life."
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: Go to Renaud's for the best chocolate croissant you will ever have in your life. That is not an exaggeration.
- Best for San Roque's Best Restaurants Because: Arguably the best chocolate croissants outside of Paris (and we'd put them up against Parisian croissants, too).
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Go to Renaud's for the best chocolate croissant you will ever have in your life. That's not an exaggeration.
- Best for Take Out Because: Breakfast can be takeout, too! Save yourself the early morning hassle and visit Renaud's for amazing pastries.