Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Santa Barbara Historical Museum
Type: History Museums, Libraries / Archives, Museums
Offering one of the state's best collections of regional history, this museum enjoys a downtown location along with a gracious courtyard and historical adobe buildings. Inside, fine art, western... Read More
Offering one of the state's best collections of regional history, this museum enjoys a downtown location along with a gracious courtyard and historical adobe buildings. Inside, fine art, western saddles, costumes and antique toys highlight the collection. Both permanent and rotating exhibits showcase Santa Barbara's past and present. The reference library houses a plethora of maps, manuscripts and books that are invaluable for regional research and local history. In addition to the weekday hours, the library is open the first Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Guided tours are offered on Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m. Admission is free; donations are welcome.
136 E de la Guerra St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Museum: Tue-Sat 10am-5pm; Sun Noon-5pm
- Library 1st Saturday Each Month: 10 am-1 pm
- Free; Donations Appreciated
- Museums: "Another great free museum in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. Sneak in a little culture before your next meal."
- Best for Museums Because: Great for anthropologists and local enthusiasts, this museum takes you on a tour of Santa Barbara history - from Chumash times through today.