Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Santa Barbara Maritime Museum
Type: History Museums, Museums
Before it opened as a museum in 2000, this structure served as a training facility for the Navy for more than fifty years. Renovations have given it a new lease, and now its interactive displays seek... Read More
Before it opened as a museum in 2000, this structure served as a training facility for the Navy for more than fifty years. Renovations have given it a new lease, and now its interactive displays seek to inform visitors about marine life, health and history. Permanent and temporary exhibits fill the two-story structure and explore the Channel's maritime past, from native Chumash activity to commercial fishing, military use, yachting and coastal trade. Displays accommodate both young and old visitors, and the great periscope is an attraction that is not to be missed! The onsite museum store offers a wide array of nautical gifts, books, models and more.
113 Harbor Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
- Memorial Day - Labor Day: Thu-Tue 10am-6pm
- Labor Day - Memorial Day: Daily 10am-5pm
- Adult $7; Senior (62+) $4; Student $4; Military $4; Child (6-17) $4; Child (1-5) $2
- Museums: "After you're down at the museum, hop aboard the Lil' Toot water taxi to travel from the harbor to the wharf."
- Best for Museums Because: Dedicated to preserving the maritime heritage of California's Central Coast, this museum makes history come alive through models, galleries and one very large periscope!