Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Beach
Price Range: $$$$
This particular Motel 6 deserves special consideration. Why? Well because it's actually the original Motel 6, opened in 1962. That's right, the very first one! (Rooms were $6 a night, hence the name.... Read More
This particular Motel 6 deserves special consideration. Why? Well because it's actually the original Motel 6, opened in 1962. That's right, the very first one! (Rooms were $6 a night, hence the name. Unfortunately, reservations costs a little bit more than that now.) And, besides that little tidbit, it's truly lovely. There are granite countertops in the bathrooms, LCD TVs in every room, and, oh, a little thing we like to call an ocean view from the sun deck. Their pet-friendly rooms have recently been redesigned for a more modern feel. Your best bet for a budget stay at the beach! The Santa Barbara Zoo is in easy walking distance and a downtown shuttle picks up nearby.
443 Corona Del Mar
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- Best for Beach Hotels Because: Enjoy beachfront sights and sounds without beachfront prices. This is the first Motel 6, so it's basically a piece of travel history.
- Best for Budget Hotels Because: This is the very first Motel 6... ever! Rooms are not longer $6 a night, but they are affordable, and there's an ocean view.
- Recommended as Best Hotels Because: Why not stay in the original Motel 6? Rooms were $6 a night. That's not the case today, but it's still a great deal!
- Best for Family-Friendly Hotels Because: Not every family vacation has to cost a fortune, right? This is the original Motel 6, and it's not far from the beach.
- Best for Pet-Friendly Hotels Because: Pets stay free at this (and every) Motel 6. This one is just a block from the beach!
— If you book a hotel by clicking one of our booking links, 10Best may earn a small commission.