Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Brophy's isn't downtown exactly, but if we left this beloved seafood spot off any Santa Barbara best-of list, hordes of locals and regular visitors would be aghast. Brophy's recipe for success pairs... Read More
Brophy's isn't downtown exactly, but if we left this beloved seafood spot off any Santa Barbara best-of list, hordes of locals and regular visitors would be aghast. Brophy's recipe for success pairs unbeatable harbor views with delicious seafood and classic cocktails. Bustling and busy, it serves up some of the city's most coveted clam chowder, along with awesome garlic baked clams and hefty portions of cioppino. Their appetizers are amazing and perfect for sharing, too. Grab a table on the patio overlooking the water for the most scenic experience. These are the best seats, even on wet, gloomy days. Arrive early because weekend waits can be over an hour.
- Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants, Seafood, Waterfront Dining: "Although the upstairs restaurant usually has a long wait, you can visit the ground level bar for drinks and appetizers without checking in with the hostess."
- Beachfront Dining: "Like clams? Get the garlic baked clams. Cooked with mustard and topped with bacon, there's nothing else like them in town."
- Best Restaurants: "The upstairs restaurant usually has a long wait, but you can visit the ground level bar for drinks and appetizers without checking in with the hostess."
- Outdoor Dining: "Go during unusual hours to avoid a long wait. Or go when you're not hungry; you're certain to be famished by the time you're seated."
- Best for Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants Because: One word: GBCs! (It's actually three words: garlic baked clams. The can't miss appetizer for those in the know.)
- Best for Beachfront Dining Because: Brophy Bros. serves fresh seafood with an unparalleled view of the harbor. They have the best bloody mary in town, too.
- Best for Seafood Because: Brophy's is the quintessential Santa Barbara seafood restaurant, with great views of the harbor.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: If you go to only one restaurant in Santa Barbara, go to this one for a true local experience. Hope you like seafood!
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Stop by Brophy's for Santa Barbara's best seafood with a view of the boats.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Brophy's has the best view in town - you sit on the second story balcony and look out over the boats in the harbor.