Explore Santa Barbara
Cuisine: American, Cajun, Continental, Creole, European, Italian
Price Range: $$$
"Laissez les bons temps rouler," is the motto at The Palace Grill, a phrase that translates to: Let the good times roll! A night at The Palace isn't complete without a sing-a-long (just one song,... Read More
"Laissez les bons temps rouler," is the motto at The Palace Grill, a phrase that translates to: Let the good times roll! A night at The Palace isn't complete without a sing-a-long (just one song, don't worry) and rousing group toast. With a menu that reads like a roster of Southern and Creole favorites, you're guaranteed to leave with a full belly. Start with their hearty gumbo, then dig into a batch of crawfish etouffee before concluding your meal with their famous bread pudding with whiskey cream sauce. Reservations are accepted at 5:30 or not at all, so come early or be prepared to wait in line. But don't worry, even their line is fun, with musicians on many nights and passed appetizers to whet your appetite.
8 E Cota St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Sun-Thu: 11:30am-3pm,; 5:30pm-10pm
- Fri-Sat: 11:30am-3pm,; 5:30pm-11pm
- Best Restaurants for Fall: "Order their "World-Famous Cajun Martini" and be prepared to discover why there is a limit of one per guest."
- Group Friendly, Best Restaurants, Homestyle: "On Fridays and Saturdays there's a crowd, but there's also live entertainment - including a live band and superb magician."
- Family Friendly: "Their legendary souffles take some time to make. If you want one (you do!), put your order in at the beginning of your meal."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: Rich Cajun dishes are perfect in the fall. Tuck into some spicy jambalaya or a plate of BBQ shrimp. And save room for bread pudding!
- Best for Group Friendly Because: This festive restaurant is perfect for celebrations. There's room to accommodate large tables and even private parties.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Head to the Palace Grill to enjoy Cajun classics in a lively setting filled with music, spices and fun. New Orleans in Santa Barbara!
- Best for Family Friendly Because: This Cajun restaurant often has a live band or a magician at dinner. And the whole place joins in song at least once a night.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Homestyle... on the bayou! This Cajun restaurant is big on flavor, friendliness and portion size.