Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Santa Barbara Shellfish Company
Price Range: $
In our worldview, the best dates are the ones that include a memorable experience. And what could be more memorable than cracking crab legs together? At the Santa Barbara Shellfish Company, you can... Read More
In our worldview, the best dates are the ones that include a memorable experience. And what could be more memorable than cracking crab legs together? At the Santa Barbara Shellfish Company, you can pick your meal right out of the tanks. Established in 1980, this restaurant began as a shellfish shop before popular demand (and secret family recipes) transformed it into the bustling eatery it is today. Their menu includes all types of shellfish, but live abalones, crabs and lobsters - many locally sourced - are the real stars. Local and national beers are available on draft and pair nicely with a bread bowl of chowder on a cold or foggy day. There is bar seating inside, table seating outside and a even walk-up window for to-go orders.
- Romantic Dining, Lunch, Seafood: "If you're in a hurry and there's a line to get in, skip the wait and order from the outside walk-up window instead."
- Waterfront Dining: "If you're in a hurry and there's a line to get in, skip the wait and order from the walk-up window outside instead."
- Beachfront Dining: "In a hurry or part of a large group? Place your order at the walk-up window on the side of the building and then find a seat on the pier or take your grub to go!"
- Outdoor Dining: "Their lobster tacos can't be beat. And be sure to try a cup of chowder - it's the best in town!"
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Forget breaking bread, crack crab instead! For the butter-drenched date of your dreams, this shellfish shack can't be beat.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Take your pick! Select your live lobster, crab or abalone from one of the tanks and have it cooked while you wait.
- Best for Beachfront Dining Because: Fresh shellfish, no fluff. The Santa Barbara shellfish company serves amazing oysters, clams, mussels, crabs, lobsters and abalone.
- Best for Lunch Because: The Shellfish Company has the best clam chowder in town, tanks full of live shellfish and a view of the ocean. Lobster anyone?
- Best for Seafood Because: Go here for crabs, lobsters and abalone so fresh, you'll see it swimming in the tanks in the windows.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: At the Shellfish Company, you can enjoy the freshest seafood right out in the middle of the ocean (well, on the end of the pier).