Type: Bar, Dance Club, Late Night / After Hours, Live Music
Foufounes (slang for electric ass) is a lively and eclectic spot at 185 east Ste. Catharine, easily recognizable by the huge spider sculpture attached to the wall of the main entrance. It has been... Read More
Foufounes (slang for electric ass) is a lively and eclectic spot at 185 east Ste. Catharine, easily recognizable by the huge spider sculpture attached to the wall of the main entrance. It has been a downtown staple since the early 1980's. Foufounes is pretty happening all year round but the patio strewn and hung with oversize metal sculptures and cartoon figures set against a graffiti covered wall define the hip urban summer patio experience. The three floor club and bar regularly features top local bands and has hosted well-known acts like Nine Inch Nails and Nirvana. The crowd is quite mixed but the vibe is always friendly and laid back.
87, rue Ste-Catherine Est
Montréal, QC H2X 1K5
- Downstairs: Daily 4pm-3am
- Upstairs: Daily 9pm-3am
- Cover Charge: Free - CAD10
- Best Nightlife: "Foufone Electrique translates literally to Electric Buttcheeks promising both indoor and outdoor fun"
- Dance Clubs: "Foufounes Electriques, better known as Foufounes, translates literally to Electric Butt Cheeks."
- Live Music: "Foufone Electrique translates literally to Electric Buttcheeks."
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Foufone Electrique is Montreal's top alternative spot in the heart of lively Ste. Catherine Street east.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: Opened in 1983, Foufone's was one of the first hip, alternative bars that's still a major contender in this groove.
- Best for Live Music Because: One of Montreal's hippest clubs is conveniently located downtown on Ste Catherine street east.
Find the 10Best nearby: