Also Featured In
Type: Bar, Dance Club, Late Night / After Hours, Live Music
Les Foufs is easy to spot – just look for the giant spider on the front on the Ste Catherine entrance. This bar is the granddaddy of Montreal's alternative scene (it opened in 1983) and has hosted... Read More
Les Foufs is easy to spot – just look for the giant spider on the front on the Ste Catherine entrance. This bar is the granddaddy of Montreal's alternative scene (it opened in 1983) and has hosted some of the biggest names in music including Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins. The club has pool tables and a bar downstairs, while upstairs there's a dance floor and a stage. This place is known for its sound system. There is a cover for the bands but it's always reasonable. The crowd here is diverse--like the music--punk, metal, and hardcore - but everyone gets along and the vibe is welcoming and weirdly charming. The terrace is one of the best in the summer and a great place to see some amazing tattoos.
87, rue Ste-Catherine Est
Montréal, QC H2X 1K5
- Downstairs: Daily 4pm-3am
- Upstairs: Daily 9pm-3am
- Cover Charge: Free - CAD10
- Best for Live Music Because: One of Montreal's hippest clubs is conveniently located downtown on Ste Catherine street east.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: Opened in 1983, Foufone's was one of the first hip, alternative bars that's still a major contender in this groove.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Foufone Electrique is Montreal's top alternative spot in the heart of lively Ste. Catherine Street east.