Also Featured In
Le Zoo de Granby et Parc aquatique Amazoo Yoplait
Type: Attractions, Theme Parks, Water Sports, Zoos
Located about an hour's drive southeast of Montreal, the Granby Zoo is a great day-trip destination, particularly if you have kids. Among the animals are chinchillas, poison dart frogs, stick insects,... Read More
Located about an hour's drive southeast of Montreal, the Granby Zoo is a great day-trip destination, particularly if you have kids. Among the animals are chinchillas, poison dart frogs, stick insects, Amur leopards, capybaras, colobus monkeys, fishing cats, llamas, porcupines, kangaroos, snow leopards, meerkats, and numerous bird and reptile species. Special exhibits highlight sharks and lorikeets, and there's also a small park with rides for the kids. The waterpark features a Lazy River, the biggest wave pool in Quebec, and a children's water playground, all set within a replica of an Amazon rainforest village. The zoo is open weekends only during the months of September, January and February, and is closed October-November.
- Zoo: Daily 10am-5pm
- Waterpark (Jun-Aug): Daily 10am-6pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Summer (zoo AND waterpark) Adult (13+) CAD32.99; Senior (65+) CAD25.49; Child (3-12) CAD21.49
Fall-Spring (zoo only) Adult (13+) CAD17.59 - CAD20.18; Senior (65+) CAD15.80 - CAD13.59; Child (3-12) CAD10.99 - CAD12.72
- Things to Do with Kids: "Try to visit on a week day to cut down on driving in traffic and in spring and fall and winter, call to confirm low -season hours."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Granby Zoo is the largest zoo closest to Montreal.