Also Featured In
Le Zoo de Granby
Type: Attractions, Theme Parks, Water Sports, Zoos
Located about an hour's drive southeast of Montreal, the Granby Zoo is a great day-trip destination, particularly if you have kids. Among the animals are chinchillas, poison dart frogs, stick insects,... Read More
Located about an hour's drive southeast of Montreal, the Granby Zoo is a great day-trip destination, particularly if you have kids. Among the animals are chinchillas, poison dart frogs, stick insects, Amur leopards, capybaras, colobus monkeys, fishing cats, llamas, porcupines, kangaroos, snow leopards, meerkats, and numerous bird and reptile species. Special exhibits highlight sharks and lorikeets, and there's also a small park with rides for the kids. The waterpark features a Lazy River, the biggest wave pool in Quebec, and a children's water playground, all set within a replica of an Amazon rainforest village. Unexpected closures of certain exhibitions are not uncommon. Call before you visit.
- Zoo: Daily 10am-5pm
- Waterpark (Jun-Aug): Daily 10am-6pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Summer (zoo AND waterpark) Adult (13+) CAD40.99; Senior (65+) CAD32.99; Child (3-12) CAD27.99; Child (2) Free
- Things to Do with Kids: "Try to visit on a weekday to cut down on driving in traffic and in spring, fall and winter, call to check which part of the zoo are open."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Granby Zoo is the largest zoo closest to Montreal and includes a water park, an amusement park and a conservation program.