Also Featured In
Musée des Beaux Arts de Montréal
Type: Art Museums, Museums
The Musee des Beaux-Arts, founded in 1860, is Canada's oldest museum and boasts some of the finest paintings in the country. Among its permanent holdings are artworks from Canadian artists and those... Read More
The Musee des Beaux-Arts, founded in 1860, is Canada's oldest museum and boasts some of the finest paintings in the country. Among its permanent holdings are artworks from Canadian artists and those created by European masters. In addition to kid-friendly programming, the museum also features native Canadian artifacts and a collection of period furnishings, along with drawings, engravings, silverware and works of art from ancient Asia, Egypt, Greece and South America. Temporary traveling exhibitions range from blockbuster shows to images from local photographers and examinations of art as a means for social and environmental change. An on-site restaurant offers a good selection of meals including a children's brunch menu.
- Tue,: Thu-Sun; 10am-5pm
- Wed: 10am-9pm Event; Dates; and; Times; Vary Contact; for; Specific; Dates; and; Times Hours; May; Vary; Seasonally
- Adult CAD15; Senior (65+) CAD7.50; Student (13-29) CAD7.50; Child (12 and under) Free; Family CAD30
- Things to Do with Kids: "Admission is free for those under 20 and the first Sunday of every month for all ages. Families partaking in activities receive a dated pass."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Holiday Attractions, Museums: "Major exhibits are half price on Wednesday evenings after 5 pm."
- Free Things to Do: "Except Wednesdays after 5 pm,admission to Collections and Discovery exhibits are free for those 30 years and under,over 65 every Thursday,the last Sunday of every month and during the Holiday seasons, December 26 to January 2 and Spring Break for the general public. Major exhibitions are half-price for all on Wednesdays after 5 pm. Closed Monday."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The museum offers special programs for kids of all ages.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The studio highlights the creativity of Nincheri, the prolific artist who created no less than 5,000 glass masterpieces, now displayed across North America.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's Montreal's largest art museum covering a variety of time periods and art movements.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: The Musee des Beaux-Arts hosts special Christmas concerts over the holiday season.
- Best for Museums Because: As well as a strong collection of art through the ages, some exhibitions focus on re-examining art works from the 20th century.