Planétarium de Montréal
Type: Family Friendly, Planetarium / Observatory
The Montreal Planetarium brings astronomy to Montrealers and visitors alike who appreciate the clear, light-pollution-free skies and the chance to handle samples of meteorites. The exhibit focuses... Read More
The Montreal Planetarium brings astronomy to Montrealers and visitors alike who appreciate the clear, light-pollution-free skies and the chance to handle samples of meteorites. The exhibit focuses on new events and discoveries from the past 40 years, especially in Quebec skies. The "Night Sky" is a 15-minute presentation where an astronomer points out all the major visible constellations. Exhibits focus on how astronomical phenomena may be responsible for the disappearance of some species, raising pertinent questions such as: Could we disappear? Will life continue to survive on Earth? Popular shows include "Planet 9, "Exo" and "Aurore" and allow visitors of all ages to explore the sun, planets, star clusters, star nurseries and gas clouds.
4801 Pierre-de Coubertin Ave
Montréal, QC H1V 3N4
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult (18-64) CAD20.50; Senior (65+) CAD18.75; Student CAD15; Child (5-17) CAD10.25; Child (4 and under) Free
- Things to Do with Kids: "Afternoon visits are best as mornings are generally reserved for school groups. Best for kids over 7 but some of the films are suitable for ages 4+. Check the online schedules for film times and topics."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Museums: "Afternoon visits are best as mornings are generally reserved for school groups."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The state-of-the-art multimedia shows will keep kids enthralled and informed on all matters pertaining to planet earth's place in the solar system.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The main show takes visitors on a 30 - minute spaceship journey through the solar system, a meteorite shower and multiple galaxies.
- Best for Museums Because: New, state of the art multimedia sky shows are always on view here.