Also Featured In
Insectarium de Montréal
Type: Attractions, Family Friendly, Museums, Zoos
Visitors to the Montreal Insectarium can see, touch and even taste some of the world's most intriquing insects. Insect tastings, "Butterflies Go Free",the "Monarch Odyssey" and the Hallowe'en... Read More
Visitors to the Montreal Insectarium can see, touch and even taste some of the world's most intriquing insects. Insect tastings, "Butterflies Go Free",the "Monarch Odyssey" and the Hallowe'en creepy spiders exhibit are four of the Montreal Insectarium's most popular annual events. Opened in 1990, the museum proudly displays both live and dead bugs. The live insect displays are divided by world ecosystems in the Diversity Room and include such specialties as the giant desert hairy scorpion and the Hercules beetle. The focus of this collection is how insects adapt to survive to their environments. More than 75 vivariums showcase everything from the common bumblebees, honeybees and anthills to the diving beetles and the Indonesian walking stick insects, that are part of a permanent collection of stick insects from around the world. The mounted insect collections contain over 144,000 species, a valuable resource for identifying anthropods.
4581, rue Sherbrooke est
Montréal, QC H1X 2B2
- Fall (Sep - Oct): Daily 9am-9pm
- Winter (Nov - Apr): Daily 9am-5pm
- Summer (May - Aug): Daily 9am-6pm
- Insectarium and Botanical Garden Adult CAD13.50 - CAD16; Senior (65+) CAD10 - CAD12; Child (5-17) CAD6.75 - CAD8; Child (2-4) CAD2 - CAD2.50;
Parking CAD5 - CAD10
- Best Attractions & Activities: "While in the area, visit other nearby museums via the free shuttle service between the Insectarium, Botanical Garden, Olympic Park, Biodôme and Viau Metro station."
- Things to Do with Kids, Museums: "Purchase a Nature Package for entrance into the Biodome, the Botanical Garden and the Insectarium for big savings."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Montreal Insectarium is the largest insect museum in North America and one of the largest in the world.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Insect museums are fairly rare and Montreal has one of the best.
- Best for Museums Because: A popular museum fund raiser includes a meal of insects.