Plan–tarium Rio Tinto Alcan
Type: Family Friendly, Planetarium / Observatory
The Montreal Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium brings astronomy to Montrealers and visitors alike who appreciate the clear, light-pollution-free skies and the chance to handle samples of meteorites. The... Read More
The Montreal Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium brings astronomy to Montrealers and visitors alike who appreciate the clear, light-pollution-free skies and the chance to handle samples of meteorites. The regular show is comprised of three events: the main exhibition, The Sky This Month and the feature show. The exhibit focuses on new events and discoveries from the past 40 years, especially in Quebec skies. The Sky this Month is a 15-minute presentation where an astronomer points out all the major visible constellations. Highlights include the "Extinctions" show that focuses on how astronomical phenomena may be responsible for the disappearance of some species, raising pertinent questions such as: Could we disappear? Will life continue to survive on Earth? Multimedia shows, "Our Galaxy: The Milky Way" and "The Quest for Galactium" explore the Milky Way as an adventurous mission and allows participants to explore the sun, planets, star clusters, star nurseries and gas clouds.
4801 Pierre-de Coubertin Ave
Montr–al, QC H1V 3N4
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult (18-64) CAD21.50; Senior (65+) CAD19.25; Student CAD15.50; Child (5-17) CAD10.75; Child (4 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Online, non-refundable tickets.Thursdays after 5 pm tickets are 8.00 for all. Good discounts for add on tickets to related museums."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Vaccine passports are required for all visitors over 13. Check the online schedules for film times and topics."
- Museums: "Afternoon visits are best as mornings are generally reserved for school groups."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The main show takes visitors on a 30 - minute spaceship journey through the solar system, a meteorite shower and multiple galaxies.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The state-of-the-art multimedia shows and hands-on activities will keep kids enthralled and informed on all matters pertaining to planet earth's place in the solar system.
- Best for Museums Because: New, state of the art multimedia sky shows are always on view here.