Photo courtesy of The National Ballet of Canada
The National Ballet of Canada
Type: Performing Arts, Public Spaces
The National Ballet of Canada has performed for over 50 years and over 10 million people in the heart of Toronto. The company performs works from both contemporary and classical masters and employs... Read More
The National Ballet of Canada has performed for over 50 years and over 10 million people in the heart of Toronto. The company performs works from both contemporary and classical masters and employs some of Canada's top-notch artists, dancers and musicians. Every holiday season (this year from December 12-January 4) it breaks out the Nutcracker, a beloved holiday tale that they perform flawlessly with 187 costumes in each performance. Come 45 minutes before for Nutcracker story time, to enhance children's experience of the ballet. It is a spectacle that will make you believe in holiday magic (or at least the Sugar Plum fairy).
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Ticket Concessions Available; Call for Details
- Things to Do in December: "Buy your tickets early - for the last four years, this has been a sold out performance. Standing room tickets are possible for $12 and are sold the day of."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: An opulent ballet with a layered tale of a sparkling winter realm. The Nutcracker is a perfect December treat.