The Fairmont Royal York
The Fairmont Royal York is one of Toronto's most distinguished hotels, dominating Toronto's skyline until bigger skyscrapers took over the downtown landscape in the 1960s. Prominently located near... Read More
The Fairmont Royal York is one of Toronto's most distinguished hotels, dominating Toronto's skyline until bigger skyscrapers took over the downtown landscape in the 1960s. Prominently located near Union Station, The Fairmont was built by the Canadian Pacific Railway and was one of the buildings that put Toronto on the map. When it opened in 1930, it was a city in itself with a private hospital, 12,000 book library and French bakery. Today, it is filled with modern amenities, such as IPad checkin for seamless guest arrival. There are a whopping 1363 guest rooms that are luxuriously decorated and one-of-a-kind suites which can be as large as 1500 square feet (where Prince Harry reportedly stayed). The Royal Romance Package involves a night's accommodation, sparkling wine, chocolate covered strawberries and late checkout.
- Best for Romantic Hotels Because: A year-round romance package does all the heavy lifting for you, chocolate covered strawberries and all. Feel free to take the credit.
- Recommended as Best Hotels Because: The Royal York has found the perfect way to infuse modern elements into old-world charm.
- Best for Hotels near Toronto International Film Festival Because: The Royal York's library bar has been a festival favourite. This hotel also provides another red carpet in case you can't get enough.
- Best for Pet-Friendly Hotels Because: The fancy Royal York links to Toronto's Underground Path. You and your dog can both get some long walks, even in suboptimal weather.
- Best for Downtown Hotels Because: It is not often that you can simultaneously step back in time and have a modern downtown landscape at your fingertips.
- Best for Hotels near Rogers Centre Because: The Royal York offers more than a piece of Toronto history. Directly across from Union Station, getting around and out of Toronto couldn't be easier.
— If you book a hotel by clicking one of our booking links, 10Best may earn a small commission.