Also Featured In
Buca is right in the heart of downtown Toronto, and it earns every loonie it receives. Dimly lit with brick walls, the ambience is charmingly rustic. The menu changes daily and utilizes ingredients... Read More
Buca is right in the heart of downtown Toronto, and it earns every loonie it receives. Dimly lit with brick walls, the ambience is charmingly rustic. The menu changes daily and utilizes ingredients that capitalize on flavour profile more so than popularity of ingredients. Lamb brains might be wrapped in prosciutto as an appetizer. Don't question it. Extravagantly rich dishes include duck egg pasta with duck offal ragu, or pork braised in 34 year old wine vinegar and then strewn across a pizza. The final result is lavish, memorable and upscale Italian food.
- Italian: "Fried zucchini blossoms and the cheese board are two stand-outs. Make room."
- Best Restaurants: "Go with a group to get the full experience. The extensive menu was meant for sharing."
- Outdoor Dining: "There are no reservations and the tables are small. This is the best patio for small groups or one on one."
- Best for Italian Because: Jamie Oliver declared in 2011 that a meal at Buca was his "favourite of the year." Some years have passed, but it still stands out.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Buca stands out in a city full of Italian restaurants. Their daily menu is outstanding.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Worn bricks, covered windows and just enough narrow space for you to escape in the heart of the city.