Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza
Price Range: $$$
Buca is right in the heart of downtown Toronto, and it earns every loonie it receives (which may be a heavy way to pay). Dimly lit with brick walls, the ambiance is charmingly rustic. The menu changes... Read More
Buca is right in the heart of downtown Toronto, and it earns every loonie it receives (which may be a heavy way to pay). Dimly lit with brick walls, the ambiance is charmingly rustic. The menu changes frequently to ensure freshness, utilizing ingredients that capitalize on flavor profile more so than popularity. Mutton leg may be seasoned with rosemary as an appetizer. (Don't question it.) Extravagantly rich dishes include duck egg pasta with duck offal ragu or bone-in Angus dry-aged for 45 days (and served at an impressive 36 ounces). The final result is lavish, memorable and upscale Italian food.
604 King St. West
Toronto, ON M5V 1M6
- Italian: "Their prosciutto is aged for 18 months and is a standout."
- Best Restaurants: "Go with a group to get the full experience. The extensive menu was meant for sharing."
- Outdoor Dining: "There are no reservations and the tables are small. This is the best patio for small groups or one on one."
- Best for Italian Because: Jamie Oliver declared in 2011 that a meal at Buca was his "favorite of the year." Some years have passed, but it may still hold true.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Buca stands out in a city full of Italian restaurants. Their daily menu is outstanding.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Worn bricks, covered windows and just enough narrow space for you to escape in the heart of the city.
Find the 10Best nearby: