Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of iQ Food Co.
iQ Food Co.
Cuisine: American, California, Canadian, Vegetarian
Price Range: $
When it comes time to pick up lunch, choices can seem worse for the wear when you are trying to stay in reasonable shape. Should you cross your fingers and hope that the item in front of you will not... Read More
When it comes time to pick up lunch, choices can seem worse for the wear when you are trying to stay in reasonable shape. Should you cross your fingers and hope that the item in front of you will not make you balloon? Going to iQ Food Co with three locations takes the ingredients and puts them in front of you in a bare format. A cardboard takeout box awaits waiting to be decorated with greens or grains with toppings ranging from avocado to sesame seeds to tempeh. You can get your inner chef on without having to wield a knife or wear an apron. There are some pre-made boxes, such as the Pimento with aged white cheddar, avocado, fresh corn, green ranch dressing and more.
- Take Out: "If you are someone who doesn't like to eat the same food twice, go for the monthly special. This changes every two months and will make use of fresh, local ingredients."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "iQ occasionally has dinners for people as passionate as they are about real food. You can apply at firstname.lastname@example.org to state your case for a chance to meet new foodie friends."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "The lineup is quite long during peak lunch hours. Consider going first thing in the morning to pick up your lunch early if you anticipate a long day at the office."
- Best for Take Out Because: Seasonal, tasty bowls and salads that will fill you right up for just over $10.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: The food at iQ is not only beautiful, but it will also make you feel more intelligent by eating it.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: The food is fresh, simple and healthy and takes the guesswork over what is in your lunch. Transparency sure tastes good.