Also Featured In
Type: Day Trips, Food & Wine, Outdoor Activities, Public Spaces
When you first find your way in between Spadina and Bathurst and then in between College and Dundas in Toronto, you may feel that you haven't found anything special at first. However, as you start... Read More
When you first find your way in between Spadina and Bathurst and then in between College and Dundas in Toronto, you may feel that you haven't found anything special at first. However, as you start your walking journey throughout Kensington Market, you quickly realize you have entered the realm of something unique. Kensington has quite a history, but today it stands as a multicultural community of nonconformists. Many Victorian homes retain some of their original architecture but have been transformed into shops that range from excellent cheesemongers to local designers. On a warm summer's day, the patios are packed with happy beer-drinkers working hard to get their vitamin D. The beer isn't free, but it's a fair reward for all of that walking.
- Free Things to Do: "Hit Bellevue Square Park with a picnic for some truly unique people watching."
- Things to Do in December: "Check out Hibiscus cafe for a Christmas market that has everything from mulled wine to local art to live music."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "The market has charming independent coffee shops, so leave your Starbucks card at home. Try to see how many cups of coffee you can handle in a day."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: No place in the city quite like Kensington Market, whether you spend a loonie or a lot.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: From a solstice parade to a Christmas Food Tour, Kensington wants to make sure that you have a very funky holiday season.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Quirky Kensington may not make every traveler's list, but it should. Relax and enjoy the excellent people-watching.