Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Canadian
Price Range: $$
When it comes to keeping the romance alive, one nugget of advice that is often circulating is to try new experiences together. Although Bar Isabel falls into the "safe" category of restaurant, it does... Read More
When it comes to keeping the romance alive, one nugget of advice that is often circulating is to try new experiences together. Although Bar Isabel falls into the "safe" category of restaurant, it does have menu options that you likely haven't tried before (such as bone marrow) which may help to keep things spicy. Open until midnight (and on weekends until 2am), it is the perfect spot to wile the night away. To wash down the carnivorous bounty, sample from their impressive (and lengthy) cocktail list. It's cozy, it's delicious and it requires weeks of advance reservations. In other words, just perfect for date night.
- Romantic Dining: "If your date is partial to octopus, tried the whole grilled octopus and potatoes, which opens up like a delightful under-the-sea fan."
- Group Friendly: "If you are with a group, use it as an opportunity to go whole hog (or whole octopus, as it were). The spiral of tentacles will come on a plate for your group to devour like greedy sharks."
- Late Night: "You can make a reservation at this spot, but it can be tough to get one at the last minute. You may want to plan your next late night in advance."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Red glow ambient lighting, soft classic tunes and a menu that is sure to impress.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Bar Isabel presents modern food ideas with a youthful energy. Their inventive dishes work beautifully for sharing to keep decision making minimal.
- Best for Late Night Because: Generous portions of seafood and meat with enough flavour to blow your tastebuds out of the water (or the restaurant at the very least).