Also Featured In
Bar Isabel has received a lot of buzz since it opened, but so far it has not gone to their heads. Late night eats are impressively carnivorous, such as roast bone marrow or a whole octopus or fish... Read More
Bar Isabel has received a lot of buzz since it opened, but so far it has not gone to their heads. Late night eats are impressively carnivorous, such as roast bone marrow or a whole octopus or fish ceviche. You can also have some horse tartare, tongue on brioche, or a vegan salad if you aren't as inclined to eat tongue. If you are ready to keep the libations flowing, the cocktail menu is seriously impressive with intriguing names like "A Woman Scorned." People have reservations six weeks in advance. The place is worth the wait and worth the hype.
- Group Friendly: "If you are with a group, use it as an opportunity to go whole hog (or whole octopus, as it were). The spiral of tentacles will come on a plate for your group to devour like greedy sharks."
- Romantic Dining: "If your date is partial to octopus, tried the whole grilled octopus and potatoes, which opens up like a delightful under-the-sea fan."
- Late Night: "You can make a reservation at this spot, but it can be tough to get one at the last minute. You may want to plan your next late night in advance."
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Bar Isabel presents modern food ideas with a youthful energy. Their inventive dishes work beautifully for sharing to keep decision making minimal.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Red glow ambient lighting, soft classic tunes and a menu that is sure to impress.
- Best for Late Night Because: Generous portions of seafood and meat with enough flavour to blow your tastebuds out of the water (or the restaurant at the very least).