Cuisine: American, Canadian, Comfort Food, Fusion, Seafood, Vegetarian
Price Range: $$$
Simple, honest and handmade is not a bad thing to aim for in any diet, especially when the night may take a romantic turn. Woodlot adheres to a "simple is best" philosophy and after tasting their... Read More
Simple, honest and handmade is not a bad thing to aim for in any diet, especially when the night may take a romantic turn. Woodlot adheres to a "simple is best" philosophy and after tasting their dishes composed of high quality ingredients, you may have to agree. Situated in the heart of Little Italy, Woodlot cooks filling dishes without overloading them with unnecessary ingredients. Their bread is worth the visit alone, with 7 varieties of sourdough, organic, wood-fired and warm. Woodlot doesn't shy away from fat, with flat iron steak topped with corn butter. However, fat is used as an accent rather than the star of the show. (There is a fully vegetarian menu for those that would prefer an entree along the lines of a pan roasted oyster mushroom.) Moderate eating at its finest. Nothing sexier than that.
- Romantic Dining: "Very limited service means you will be doted on. Do make reservations in advance to avoid looking like a chump."
- Farm to Table: "Woodlot works as a bakery with a wood-burning oven right in house until 3pm. Do we even need to tell you to buy breakfast for tomorrow?"
- Homestyle: "When your body is screaming out for carbs, a visit with Woodlot's homemade bread basket will definitely make you feel happier. If money can't buy happiness, this bread certainly can."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: A loft space that overlooks a wood-fired oven is just perfect to fire up some romance.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: It was a garage, it was a bar, it was a restaurant, but Woodlot has consistently been farm-to-table fantastic.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Woodlot subscribes to local, unprocessed ingredients and yet can still make food that feels comforting.