Also Featured In
Spadina Museum: Historic House & Gardens
Type: Historic Sites, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer
Spadina House is an upper-class historic home, built by businessman James Austin in 1866. An ideal place to visit in the summer, the six-acre grounds have Victorian and Edwardian gardens. From... Read More
Spadina House is an upper-class historic home, built by businessman James Austin in 1866. An ideal place to visit in the summer, the six-acre grounds have Victorian and Edwardian gardens. From chestnut trees to forget-me-nots, it is an understated place to frolic. Inside, the furnished home had a major renovation in 2010 but still feels like you have entered a time machine. Spadina House provides a great sense of the different marks of different generations, from the 1800s until today. It showcases a different Toronto. This is the next door neighbor of Casa Loma, and it ideal to see the two on the same day.
- Tue-Sun Noon-5pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult (19-64) CAD10; Senior (65+) CAD8; Student (13-18) CAD8; Child (6-12) CAD6; Child (0-6) Free
- Outdoor Activities: "If you are seeking out a prime space for an outdoor wedding, the Spadina House may be it. It also works as an ideal spot for amateur photographers."
- Historic Sites: "If you are running out of activities for the kids consider enrolling them in one of Spadina House's popular camps."
- Museums: "Check out what sort of events are going on at the time you are visiting. There may be a Downton Abbey inspired costume party, which will make a heck of an Instagram photo."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: 5 acres of tended gardens and orchards. How does YOUR garden grow?
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Toronto's version of Downton Abbey is a good substitute for when you have finished binge-watching the popular series.
- Best for Museums Because: This historic mansion reflects the contemporary styles of the 1860s to the 1930s. It is fascinating to see how the rich lived.