Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Banh Mi Boys Facebook page
Photo courtesy of Banh Mi Boys Twitter page
Banh Mi Boys
Cuisine: Asian, Deli, Vietnamese
Price Range: $
If you are looking for a unique twist on a filling Vietnamese sandwich, you certainly can't go wrong with Banh Mi Boys. Right on Queen and Spadina, the sandwich shop takes the Vietnamese construct and... Read More
If you are looking for a unique twist on a filling Vietnamese sandwich, you certainly can't go wrong with Banh Mi Boys. Right on Queen and Spadina, the sandwich shop takes the Vietnamese construct and gives it multicultural twists, from Korean to Japanese. People line up out the door in anticipation, serving the grab-and-go style quite nicely. It is a skinny, hip and modern restaurant which serves its sandwiches on retro checkerboard paper. Banh Mi Boys was an overnight sensation for Toronto foodies who had no idea how great five-spice pork belly could taste. Other mouth-watering choices include duck confit or kimchi fries slathered in mayo, kimchi and slow roasted pulled pork.
- Best Value: "The unadvertised Club Bao is only $6: a steamed bun piled high with fried chicken and pork belly. Secret menus rock."
- Lunch, Take Out, Best Restaurants: "They have a secret menu, which you can find out if you ask the cashier. However, best to do this when the lineup is not cascading onto the street."
- Asian: "A secret menu item that will keep you in the know is the Club Bao. A steamed bun with fried chicken and pork belly? Yes please."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: It is worth lining up for these affordable Vietnamese sandwiches. The kimchi fries may destroy your diet, but they will soothe your soul.
- Best for Lunch Because: A gourmet lunch in Toronto can be had for less than $5, and the sky surprisingly has not fallen. Fresh, fast-moving, inexpensive and amazing.
- Best for Take Out Because: The Banh Mi Boys sandwiches are legendary and will satisfy the most ravenous appetite, especially when paired with kimchi fries.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Affordable yet delectable, Bahn Mi Boys shows that food that is made quickly need not have anything in common with "fast food."
- Best for Asian Because: If you think a sub is a sub is a sub, you couldn't be more wrong. Don't hold back on toppings.