Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex
Price Range: $
Mexican food is amazing with a beer and a patio and a hot summer day, but it is equally as satisfying when you can hide under a warm winter sweater and eat your weight in tacos. Grand Electric has... Read More
Mexican food is amazing with a beer and a patio and a hot summer day, but it is equally as satisfying when you can hide under a warm winter sweater and eat your weight in tacos. Grand Electric has amazing tacos (and other stuff) for reasonable prices, so as you can imagine its popularity. The menu is displayed brightly in chalk. You buy per taco and toppings are as tempting as beer battered tilapia with lime mayo or crispy cauliflower with pickled serrano pepper. You can also get your guacamole and chips and your tuna ceviche - in fact, this place is known for having killer seafood. Expect communal tables and no reservations, as well as great margaritas if you don't have anything productive to do in the afternoon.
- Lunch: "Tacos can be on the small side, so start with four if you came ready to eat."
- Best Restaurants: "No reservations are taken, so prepare to wait at least 30 minutes for your table."
- Late Night: "The tacos are small but generously stuffed. Be prepared to wipe the sour creme/guacamole/pork belly from your smiling face."
- Best for Lunch Because: Tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner is our motto, but since this list is only lunch, it fits the bill deliciously.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Toronto knows well that food need not be only high end to be excellent. Grand Electric is popular for a reason.
- Best for Late Night Because: Loud music, confident cocktails and some amazing tacos may be the way to end your next night out...or start it.