Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art
Type: Art Museums, Attractions, Cultural Venues, Family Friendly, History Museums, Museums
Think about the last time you moved. Most likely, some of your pottery or ceramics made the trip with a new crack. Somehow, delicate art has been maintained through hundreds of years in the Gardiner... Read More
Think about the last time you moved. Most likely, some of your pottery or ceramics made the trip with a new crack. Somehow, delicate art has been maintained through hundreds of years in the Gardiner Museum. Collected by George and Helen Gardiner throughout their travels, this museum is a unique collection that showcases ancient American artifacts, Asian and European pottery and porcelain. There are Mayan and pre-Columbian exhibits, items from the Renaissance, 17th-century English pottery, 18th century Chinese and European porcelains. A two-year renovation that was completed in 2006 expanded the permanent collection and the Museum won architectural awards. Since 2006, it has also become an important centre for ceramics in North America.
111 Queen's Park
Toronto, ON M5S 2C7
- Mon-Thu: 10am-6pm
- Fri: 10am-9pm
- Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
- Adult CAD15; Senior (65+) CAD11; Student CAD9; Child (0-12) Free
- The Annex's Best Attractions & Activities, Museums: "If an afternoon with dishes doesn't sound like the best time of your life, try your hand in the drop-in clay classes. Pretend like you are Demi Moore (or Patrick Swayze) in Ghost. With your clothes on, of course."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Family Days occur every Sunday, and the programming is free with admission. From scavenger hunts to painting and clay workshops, it is a great deal for those days when the kids are going a little stir crazy."
- Best for The Annex's Best Attractions & Activities Because: If you don't think you can get excited by dishes, The Gardiner Museum is prepared to surprise you.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: A stupendous array of modern and ancient styles of ceramic art right in the centre of the city. Kid and adult friendly.
- Best for Museums Because: A stupendous array of modern and ancient styles of ceramic art right in the centre of the city.
Find the 10Best nearby: