Also Featured In
Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art
Type: Art Museums, Attractions, Cultural Venues, Family Friendly, History Museums, Museums
Somehow, delicate art has been maintained through hundreds of years in the Gardiner Museum. Collected by George and Helen Gardiner throughout their travels, this museum is a unique collection that... Read More
Somehow, delicate art has been maintained through hundreds of years in the Gardiner Museum. Collected by George and Helen Gardiner throughout their travels, this museum is a unique collection that showcases ancient American artifacts, Asian and European pottery and porcelain. During the holiday season, the 12 Trees of Christmas is a special exhibit that showcases one-of-a-kind Christmas trees throughout the galleries. Every year there are new designers that outdo themselves to re-imagine Christmas trees, both aesthetically and conceptually. This year the theme is "Let There Be Light," focusing on the symbol of light that many cultures share. Spoiler: expect to see a disco ball Christmas tree. After the exhibit ends, the trees are delivered to various charities, spreading the holiday spirit throughout the GTA.
111 Queen's Park
Toronto, ON M5S 2C7
- Mon-Thu: 10am-6pm
- Fri: 10am-9pm
- Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
- Adult CAD15; Senior (65+) CAD11; Student CAD9; Child (0-12) Free
- Holiday Attractions: "The trees originally debut at the 12 Trees of Christmas fundraising gala held in November."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Family Days occur every Sunday, and the programming is free with admission. From scavenger hunts to painting and clay workshops, it is a great deal for those days when the kids are going a little stir crazy."
- The Annex's Best Attractions & Activities, Museums: "If an afternoon with dishes doesn't sound like the best time of your life, try your hand in the drop-in clay classes. Pretend like you are Demi Moore (or Patrick Swayze) in Ghost. With your clothes on, of course."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: We are sure you have seen some nice Christmas trees in your day, but the ones done by these top designers are outstanding.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: A stupendous array of modern and ancient styles of ceramic art right in the centre of the city. Kid and adult friendly.
- Best for The Annex's Best Attractions & Activities Because: If you don't think you can get excited by dishes, The Gardiner Museum is prepared to surprise you.
- Best for Museums Because: A stupendous array of modern and ancient styles of ceramic art right in the centre of the city.