Also Featured In
Royal Ontario Museum
Type: Art Museums, Children's Museums, Family Friendly, History Museums, Museums, Science Museums, Uniquely Here
The Royal Ontario Museum is not to be missed, and you also literally cannot miss it. The main entrance reopened in 2007; a stunning piece of architecture resembling a crystal by David Libeskind. It... Read More
The Royal Ontario Museum is not to be missed, and you also literally cannot miss it. The main entrance reopened in 2007; a stunning piece of architecture resembling a crystal by David Libeskind. It reinvented the previously tired facade of the ROM (as the museum is often abbreviated) and put a fresh face on this house of ancient artifacts. Inside, the spacious grounds include featured exhibitions of world-renouned art, dinosaur bones that will dwarf your tallest friend and even a Ming tomb. Kids are welcomed with open arms with a "Hands-on Gallery of Biodiversity" on Level 2. Parents can finally stop saying "Don't touch that!" and kids will eat through some of their energy by crawling in and out of a fox's den. Do also make sure to take the little ones to the Bat Cave, which has a simulated natural habitat with a dramatization of bats.
- Sat-Thu: 10am-5:30pm
- Fri: 10am-8:30pm
- Adult (18-64) CAD22; Senior (65+) CAD19; Student (15-17) CAD19; Child (4-14) CAD15
- Family-Friendly Museums, Things to Do with Kids: "The Saturday morning club and drop in programs will keep the kids entertained and inspired. Every couple of months, the ROM has a sleepover which has everything from a screening of "Night at the Museum" to PJ Karaoke. It is the ultimate museum experience for kids."
- Best Attractions & Activities, The Annex's Best Attractions & Activities, Museums: "ROM's Friday Night Live is perhaps the trendiest way to get your museum culture fix. Friday nights in May and June from 7-11pm go to try some inventive food, dance to top DJs and, oh right, explore the museum."
- Sightseeing: "If you are in Toronto for the sightseeing, purchase the CityPASS which will allow you to see many of the main attractions for a reduced price."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums, Things to Do with Kids Because: The ROM will interest even the most tech driven child and will provide a passport to the world in one day.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: From free lectures to art classes, thorough galleries and original Friday nights, the ROM is a must-see attraction in Toronto.
- Best for The Annex's Best Attractions & Activities Because: You don't have to go to the University of Toronto to learn something in the Annex. The ROM is much cheaper than tuition.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: From buff coloured brick to a crystalline entrance, the ROM from the outside is almost as good as the collection on the inside.
- Best for Museums Because: From free lectures to art classes, expansive galleries and original Friday nights, the ROM is a must-see attraction in Toronto.