Cluny Bistro & Boulangerie
Cuisine: Bakery, European, French
Price Range: $$
Cluny Bistro takes French food and makes it unfussy. You can have your caramelized onion soup and moules frites but you don't need to have a side of snobbery. Even so, the backdrop for your dining... Read More
Cluny Bistro takes French food and makes it unfussy. You can have your caramelized onion soup and moules frites but you don't need to have a side of snobbery. Even so, the backdrop for your dining experience is absolutely stunning with high ceilings and may have you convinced that the Eiffel Tower is within walking distance. Groups are more than welcome with a private dining area just for the occasion.The boulangerie is more of the takeaway aspect of the restaurant, with all things pastry waiting to be fawned over and taken home in a paper bag. But make sure to enjoy the classic French dishes on a plate, like the foie gras eclairs or the fried frogs legs. The large patio fits 100 people and its cobblestone floor transports you right to France.
35 Tank House Lane
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
- Group Friendly: "There are a wide variety of cocktails, but there are also fantastic mocktails if you choose not to imbibe."
- Romantic Dining: "Cluny is great for brunch, but it also tends to be very family friendly. If you are looking for a meal "a deux," then you must do dinner."
- Outdoor Dining: "Reservations are not available for the patio. If you only make it to the indoor seating, be sure to be put on the list. It shouldn't take any time at all before you combine your fresh food with fresh air."
- French: "The asparagus spears coated in sesame seeds with a sriracha dip are not always available, but if they are, for the love of Pierre, eat them."
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Joie de vivre isn't something you should keep to yourself.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: If you can't afford to fly your beloved to Paris, going to Cluny is the next best thing.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: There is a 100 person capacity on Cluny's patio. It is covered and heated for when you don't want to admit that summer is over.
- Best for French Because: The attention to detail is sublime and the talented wait staff will make you feel well cared for.
Find the 10Best nearby: