Also Featured In
The Beet is a lovely restaurant in the Junction area of Toronto, which supports local farmers, buys fair trade when possible and is proudly 99% organic. You would think that such a model is kid... Read More
The Beet is a lovely restaurant in the Junction area of Toronto, which supports local farmers, buys fair trade when possible and is proudly 99% organic. You would think that such a model is kid friendly, but you have to enjoy a place that offers things that kids like outside of tater tots. Little ones can choose from bite-sized pieces of tofu or chicken, as well as avocado, cheese or PB&J. Even babies aren't left out, as The Beet will puree banana, applesauce, avocado or sweet potato. There is a sizeable solids menu for adults, including tempeh tacos, rice bowls and an avocado stuffed with brown rice, veggies and topped with spicy peanut sauce and pesto. The whole family can be happy.
- Family Friendly: "If your kids are early risers (and which kids aren't?) go as early as 8am during the week. The Beet's kitchen is not open but you can get juice (for them) and coffee (for you)."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Bring your kids along, for bite sized sweet potato or banana bites, or gourmet grilled cheese with potato wedges."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "From gluten free mac and cheese to gluten free burgers, there is a great selection for comfort food. Wash it all down with a gluten free beer (because you can)."
- Best for Family Friendly Because: A changing table in the bathroom, purees for your baby and bite-sized tastes for your bigger kids.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Lots of tummy-friendly options that taste gourmet while keeping your digestive health in mind.