Also Featured In
The Beet Organic Cafe
Cuisine: Canadian, Coffee Shop, Comfort Food, Fusion, Local Specialty, Vegetarian
Price Range: $
The Beet is owned by certified Nutritional Practitioner Michelle Vella and Homeopathic Doctor Heather Osler. Whether you want to eat well when you eat out, or you have a specific dietary preference,... Read More
The Beet is owned by certified Nutritional Practitioner Michelle Vella and Homeopathic Doctor Heather Osler. Whether you want to eat well when you eat out, or you have a specific dietary preference, the Beet has you covered. The Beet supports local farmers, buying fair trade when possible and it is proudly 99% organic. You will not have to read labels to be certain that you are getting your daily intake of pretty much everything that matters. Highlights include poutine made with miso gravy and goat cheese curds, or incredible burgers that can be carnivorous or vegetarian, cheesy or lactose-free and regular or gluten-free. The drink list is also extensive, from healing teas to wine and local craft beer.
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Bring your kids along, for bite-sized sweet potato or banana bites, or gourmet grilled cheese with potato wedges."
- Family Friendly: "If your kids are early risers (and which kids aren't?) go as early as 8am during the week. The Beet's kitchen is not open but you can get juice (for them) and coffee (for you)."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "From gluten free mac and cheese to gluten free burgers, there is a great selection for comfort food. Wash it all down with a gluten free beer (because you can)."
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Lots of tummy-friendly options that taste gourmet while keeping your digestive health in mind.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: A changing table in the bathroom, purees for your baby and bite-sized tastes for your bigger kids.