Also Featured In
Type: Active, City, Family Friendly, Free Attractions, Historic Sites, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Outdoor Activities - Winter, Parks
- Daily dawn-dusk
- Trackless Train Adult CAD4; Senior CAD3; Child CAD3
- Free Things to Do: "Every year, High Park hosts a pay-what-you-can outdoor Shakespeare in the Park, run by the esteemed Canadian Stage Company. Bring a picnic for a suburb evening under the stars."
- Outdoor Activities: "A walk along High Park's Grenadier pond will make you forget that you are even in the city (if it weren't for that pesky CN Tower looming in the background). Listen to the music of singing frogs and birds and take a hike on one of the trails that branch off from this High Park border."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Every year, High Park hosts a pay-what-you-can outdoor Shakespeare in the Park, run by the esteemed Canadian Stage Company. In 2014, Titus Andronicus and As You Like It will be played abridged on alternating nights."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Take the kiddos to the Jamie Bell Adventure Playground, with swings, slide and an ice cream truck that often parks in front. In short: kiddie paradise."
- Sightseeing: "Walking tours are lead on weekends for free, with no registration required. Guides range from foresters to writers to give unique perspectives on one of Toronto's favourite parks."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Toronto's biggest urban park offers cost-free nature and relaxation for fans of the great outdoors.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Birds, fish, animals and diverse plant species call this giant park home. It is an oasis in the midst of Toronto's urban landscape.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Shakespeare in the Park, running trails, a free zoo and stunning nature make a visit to High Park a dream of a day.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: A zoo, a playground and miles of green space? The kids will be getting to bed early tonight.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: If you are itching for a little green space, High Park will give it to you with Toronto's dashing skyline in the background.