Also Featured In
Black Creek Pioneer Village
Type: Attractions, Children's Museums, Family Friendly, Historic Sites, Museums
This living-history village recreates the 1860s with more than 30 restored buildings and such craftsmen as tinsmiths, blacksmiths, millers, clock-makers, and weavers selling their wares. Visitors will... Read More
This living-history village recreates the 1860s with more than 30 restored buildings and such craftsmen as tinsmiths, blacksmiths, millers, clock-makers, and weavers selling their wares. Visitors will also find demonstrations of spinning, hearth cooking, and quilting. The butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker prove how modern life may feel busier than ever, but in may ways, we have it easy. Visiting Pioneer Village is a way to understand firsthand what life was like for an early Ontario pioneer. Every week there are kid's programs that involve tours, baking, and during the holidays, even chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
- May: -; Jun Mon-Fri; 10am-4pm
- Sat-Sun: 11am-5pm Jul; -; Aug Mon-Fri; 10am-5pm
- Sat-Sun: 11am-5pm Sep; -; Dec Mon-Fri; 10am-4pm
- Sat-Sun: 11am-4:30pm Hours; May; Vary; Seasonally
- Adult (15-59) CAD15; Senior (60+) CAD12; Student (15+) CAD12; Child (5-14) CAD11; Child (4 and under) Free;
Entry Per Vehicle CAD6
- Historic Sites: "Going back in time certainly isn't dull - check the Black Creek website for events, including a craft beer sampling tour."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Wear walking shoes so that you can explore the grounds. Enjoy the samples, such as the freshly baked bread at the inn. The workshops are interesting and can result in a handmade craft."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Wear walking shoes so that you can explore the grounds and consider bringing a stroller for the wee ones to avoid meltdowns. Kids are free under the age of 4."
- Best for Historic Sites Because: A great place to bring the kids for an entertaining experience (as long as you leave out the words "history" and "educational").
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Black Creek can keep the kids more entertained than strolling through an indoor museum. This museum brings the 1800s back to life.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Black Creek can help to maintain family harmony, with beer tasting for the adults and crafting for the kids.