Also Featured In
Black Creek Pioneer Village
Type: Attractions, Children's Museums, Family Friendly, Historic Sites, Museums
Black Creek Pioneer Village is available year-round to remind us that there was a time when Smartphones didn't rule the world. Christmas by lamplight is set for December 9, 16 and 23 from 6pm-9:30pm.... Read More
Black Creek Pioneer Village is available year-round to remind us that there was a time when Smartphones didn't rule the world. Christmas by lamplight is set for December 9, 16 and 23 from 6pm-9:30pm. The glow of lamplight will set a festive tone to see the village while enjoying music, 19th century treats (including gingerbread) and special activities. The 35 restored buildings from the 1860s are dressed up in their festive glory, and carollers come by in traditional attire to get you feeling warm and holiday fuzzy. Lamps, lanterns, fireplaces and candles cast a beautiful glow over the village while you enjoy those chestnuts roasted over an open fire.
- May: -; Jun Mon-Fri; 10am-4pm
- Sat-Sun: 11am-5pm Jul; -; Aug Mon-Fri; 10am-5pm
- Sat-Sun: 11am-5pm Sep; -; Dec Mon-Fri; 10am-4pm
- Sat-Sun: 11am-4:30pm Hours; May; Vary; Seasonally
- Adult (15-59) CAD15; Senior (60+) CAD12; Student (15+) CAD12; Child (5-14) CAD11; Child (4 and under) Free;
Entry Per Vehicle CAD6
- Holiday Attractions: "For a full night, enjoy a traditional Christmas dinner in the Canada West Room at 5:30 or 8:30pm. Reservations strongly recommended."
- Historic Sites: "Going back in time certainly isn't dull - check the Black Creek website for events, including a craft beer sampling tour."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Wear walking shoes so that you can explore the grounds. Enjoy the samples, such as the freshly baked bread at the inn. The workshops are interesting and can result in a handmade craft."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Wear walking shoes so that you can explore the grounds and consider bringing a stroller for the wee ones to avoid meltdowns. Kids are free under the age of 4."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Christmas has been special even before it was commercial and Black Creek reminds us of this.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: A great place to bring the kids for an entertaining experience (as long as you leave out the words "history" and "educational").
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Black Creek can keep the kids more entertained than strolling through an indoor museum. This museum brings the 1800s back to life.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Black Creek can help to maintain family harmony, with beer tasting for the adults and crafting for the kids.