Also Featured In
Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie
Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
When you want modern and delicious Chinese food with equally tasty cocktails, hit up Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie. The space is pretty intimate and the menu is best enjoyed shared. Their "schnacks"... Read More
When you want modern and delicious Chinese food with equally tasty cocktails, hit up Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie. The space is pretty intimate and the menu is best enjoyed shared. Their "schnacks" section has a number of small bites that are great to snack on while you enjoy a cocktail or two. Start your meal off with the Sichuan cucumbers and the marinated eggplant; they're both flavorful and light. The petit cadeaux and petits plats chinois are larger than the schnacks-ordering a couple per person is the way to go. From the petits plats chinois, be sure to order the shao bing. This sesame flatbread with cumin lamb sirloin, pickled red onion, green pepper, cilantro and salted chilies is excellent. A delicious vegetarian option is shan tofu. This plant-based dish is a mainstay, but the way they serve it changes from time to time.
- Recommended as Best of Vancouver's Chinatown Because: Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie's kick-ass house fried rice is so delicious and offers a pretty substantial portion that's quite filling.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Bai Bei Chinese Brasserie's menu is made for sharing. The shao bing is a must-order if you eat meat, otherwise the shan tofu is delicious.
- Best for Casual Dining Because: Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie's food, cocktails and atmosphere are casual enough for dinner with friends, but fancy enough for a date night.
- Best for Asian Because: Along with the cocktails, Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie's shao bing is a must order.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Each of the dishes will send you at Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie, but you must order the shao bing lamb flatbread. It's spectacular!