Cuisine: Local Specialty, Regional
Price Range: $$$$
For an extra special meal, head to Botanist. Walking in here is like a breath of fresh air, literally. Inspired by the principles of botany and the lush landscape of the Pacific Northwest, this... Read More
For an extra special meal, head to Botanist. Walking in here is like a breath of fresh air, literally. Inspired by the principles of botany and the lush landscape of the Pacific Northwest, this vibrant restaurant, bar, lounge and terrace is a feast for the senses. The room's adorned with plenty of greenery, soft peach banquets, brushed gold, and other natural elements throughout. Adding to the ambiance are the melodic tunes coming from the pianist playing the white piano. On the menu, Executive Chef Hector Laguna makes the most of the Pacific Northwest's bounty. Locally and seasonally driven, each dish is made to excite both the eye and the palate. What would beautiful food be without something delicious to wash it down with? The cocktail program blends chemistry with a playful execution, while the wine list features wineries that practice sustainable, biodynamic or organic farming and winemaking.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Botanist's dishes are stunning, the cocktails are delicious, and the live music isn't something you'll find in too many other restaurants around Vancouver.
- Recommended as Best of Vancouver's Downtown Because: There's not one thing that's really great about Botanist, this restaurant's the full package. It's expensive, but worth the splurge for a special occasion.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Botanist brings a fresh taste to fine dining with its dreamy decor and stunning dishes. The cocktails and wine program at Botanist are also excellent.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Botanist's beautiful atmosphere and stunning dishes make for a very special meal. It's the perfect spot to start or finish your trip.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Botanist's stunning room and beautiful dishes make for a winning combination when you're celebrating something special as a group.