Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of La Taqueria
La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop
Cuisine: Latin, Mexican
Price Range: $
Authentic Latin and Mexican fare is hard to come by in Vancouver, but La Taqueria does an excellent job of bringing the flavors of the South to the North. Choose from items like de cachete (tender... Read More
Authentic Latin and Mexican fare is hard to come by in Vancouver, but La Taqueria does an excellent job of bringing the flavors of the South to the North. Choose from items like de cachete (tender beef cheeks), carnitas (pork confit), pollo con mole (chicken in a mole sauce), pescado (fish), and the popular de lengua (beef tongue). There are also a number of vegetarian options. If you venture that way, make sure to order a rajas con crema (roasted poblano peppers with creamed corn, sour cream and Mexican cheese). There are a few different homemade salsa options and some freshly pickled vegetables to add onto your taco that will add some welcome heat. To complete your meal, grab a horchata. It's creamy, dairy-free, slightly sweet, and has warm hints of cinnamon. It's almost like dessert! If you see a line-up, don't worry as it moves quickly.
322 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1T2
+1 604 568 4406
- Mon-Sat 11am-5pm
- Lunch, Vegetarian: "This West Hastings Street location is pretty small, but you can grab your order to go. They have a larger location on Cambie Street, too."
- Best Value: "If you want a more sit-down atmosphere that's open after 5pm, head to their Cambie Street location where you can get a beer or margarita to go with your tacos."
- Restaurants near Cruise Port: "The seating in La Taqueria is minimal, but people are pretty quick to eat and leave. Otherwise, take it to go."
- Take Out: "Try going during off-peak hours to avoid waiting in line. If you do find yourself in a line, not to worry as they move quickly."
- Best for Lunch Because: La Taqueria's tacos are some of the best and most authentic in town. The fact that it's fast and cheap is perfect for lunch.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: You can get four meat tacos for $10.50 or four vegetarian tacos for $8.50 at La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: La Taqueria serves some of the city's most authentic tacos. They're filling, delicious and reasonably priced.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: The Rajas Con Crema at La Taqueria is a delicious vegetarian option.
- Best for Take Out Because: La Taqueria's selection lets you pick and choose the kind of tacos you want so your cravings will always be satisfied.