La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop
Cuisine: Latin, Mexican
Price Range: $
La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop has long been a favorite spot to grab some tacos. Choose from fillings like de cachete (tender beef cheeks), carnitas (pork confit), pollo con mole (chicken in a mole... Read More
La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop has long been a favorite spot to grab some tacos. Choose from fillings like de cachete (tender beef cheeks), carnitas (pork confit), pollo con mole (chicken in a mole sauce), pescado (fish), and the popular de lengua (beef tongue). There are also a number of vegetarian options and if you venture that way, you won't be disappointed. There are a few different homemade salsa options and some freshly pickled vegetables to add onto your taco that will add some welcome heat. To complete your meal, grab a horchata. It's creamy, without the dairy, slightly sweet, and has warm hints of cinnamon. It's very refreshing! At this original location, the seating is a bit limited, but people move through pretty quickly so you don't have to wait long for a seat. Their newer locations have larger menus and more seating.
- Best Value: "If you want a more sit-down atmosphere, they have a number of other locations around the city that offer that."
- Lunch: "This West Hastings Street location is pretty small, but you can grab your order to go. They have a larger location on Cambie Street, too."
- Take Out: "Try going during off-peak hours to avoid waiting in line. If you do find yourself in a line, not to worry as they move quickly."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: The rajas con crema at La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop is a must. Stewed poblanos, mozzarella, sweet corn and cream make for a rich taco.
- Best for Lunch Because: La Taqueria's tacos are some of the best and most authentic in town. The fact that it's fast and cheap is perfect for lunch.
- Best for Take Out Because: La Taqueria's selection lets you pick and choose the kind of tacos you want so your cravings will always be satisfied.