Also Featured In
Cuisine: Latin, Mexican, Vegetarian
Price Range: $
Bandidas Taqueria is a Mexican-inspired restaurant in East Vancouver that's very reasonably priced. The menu is vegetarian but also favors vegan diets. With the use of nuts, tofu and beans, it's hard... Read More
Bandidas Taqueria is a Mexican-inspired restaurant in East Vancouver that's very reasonably priced. The menu is vegetarian but also favors vegan diets. With the use of nuts, tofu and beans, it's hard to miss the lack of meat. They're open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner so a healthy and satisfying meal can be enjoyed throughout the day. From tacos and burritos to nachos and enchiladas, you've got options. Added bonus? They make their corn tortillas in their kitchen. The atmosphere inside is based on being ethically sound, utilizing vintage furniture. Their reason for doing so is because of their devotion to the environment. Local wines and beers mingle with organic and free-range items to produce a socially responsible and healthy environment. They're also constantly looking at ways to give back to the community through fundraisers and aligning themselves with important causes. You can feel good eating here.
- Best Value: "Their happy hour is 9 pm until close. Select beer and cider are on offer for $3.75."
- Breakfast, Vegetarian, Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Peak hours can bring a bit of a wait so get there early to avoid the line."
- Brunch: "Get there early to avoid a wait."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: For $10.75, you'll be stuffed from a burrito at Bandidas Taqueria. Get the Ronny Russel made with yams, guacamole, black beans, salsa, cabbage, and pepitas.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Bandidas Taqueria's vegan breakfast won't have you missing eggs and bacon. That being said, they do have eggs at this vegetarian restaurant.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: The Rajas Con Crema at La Taqueria is a delicious vegetarian option.
- Best for Brunch Because: In addition to vegetarian options, Bandidas serves delicious vegan brunch items.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Bandidas tacos are loaded with things like beans, guacamole, cheese (if you want), pickled cabbage and seeds that make for hearty and tasty goods.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Most of Bandidas Taqueria's items are gluten free, or can be substituted so that they are.