Also Featured In
CHAU Veggie Express (East Vancouver)
Cuisine: Asian, Comfort Food, Vegetarian, Vietnamese
This family-run business serves vegetarian and vegan Vietnamese food and is a local favorite and when it comes to taste, there's no shortage of delicious things to eat here. From fresh salad rolls... Read More
This family-run business serves vegetarian and vegan Vietnamese food and is a local favorite and when it comes to taste, there's no shortage of delicious things to eat here. From fresh salad rolls to warm, comforting bowls of noodles and soup, the menu boasts plenty of healthful and satisfying options. You may think that cooking Vietnamese food without fish sauce may be a challenge (and for many it is), but owner, Maria, and her mother, Chau, have concocted an excellent substitute that doesn't substitute flavor. Each dish speaks for itself, but the reasonable prices and large portions certainly sweeten the deal. Speaking of sweet, make sure to save room for dessert - they're excellent here!
- Best for Vegetarian Because: It's so hard to pick just one dish as the menu is so tempting here, but you can't go wrong with the Golden Temple.
- Best for Casual Dining Because: CHAU Veggie Express' Golden Temple is the most delicious, warm and filling bowl of coconut, turmeric, veggies, and noodles.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: The Golden Temple soup at CHAU VeggiExpress is a must! Loaded with coconut milk, turmeric and veggies, it's both filling and satisfying.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: It can be hard to find gluten-free spring rolls, but CHAU VeggiExpress has them.
- Best for Asian Because: CHAU Veggie Express' golden temple soup is not only delicious, it's loaded with good-for-you ingredients like turmeric and plenty of veggies.
- Best for Take Out Because: CHAU Veggie Express' dishes are vibrant, nourishing, filling and they won't break the bank. Find the best vegetarian Vietnamese food here.