Cuisine: Asian, Cambodian, Vietnamese
Price Range: $
People go to Phnom Penh because the food is good, the fact that it's reasonably priced and the portions are generous is an added bonus. If the line outside of Phnom Penh during peak lunch and dinner... Read More
People go to Phnom Penh because the food is good, the fact that it's reasonably priced and the portions are generous is an added bonus. If the line outside of Phnom Penh during peak lunch and dinner hours is any indication, locals (and visitors) love this Cambodian-Vietnamese restaurant. Head to Chinatown, grab a seat and order the deep fried chicken wings. Don't think. Just do it. The light and crispy batter keeps the wings juicy and the sauteed garlic and green onions add extra flavor. Dip them in the lemon and pepper sauce and we dare you to stop at just one. After a few bites, you'll understand the long lines. Other very popular dishes are the Luc lac beef and butter beef. The menu is large so it's really hard to choose what to order, but those three are a great place to start.
- Best Value: "During the lunch and dinner rush, it can be quite busy so be prepared for a bit of a wait."
- Best of Vancouver's Chinatown: "Go during off-peak hours before the lunch rush or after in the mid-afternoon to avoid a wait."
- Casual Dining, Group Friendly, Asian, Best Restaurants, Family Friendly, Homestyle: "Go during off peak hours and avoid a wait."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: It's best to share dishes at Phnom Penh, but if you want to keep it lean, the beef noodle pho is a favorite for $9.25.
- Recommended as Best of Vancouver's Chinatown Because: The butter beef and chicken wings at Phnom Penh are two of their most famous dishes.
- Best for Casual Dining Because: Order Phnom Penh's marinated butter beef. It's made of thinly sliced, medium rare beef that's topped with cilantro, brown garlic and special sauce.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Phnom Penh's butter beef is a must order for the table.
- Best for Asian Because: Phnom Penh's menu is packed with delicious eats, but you've got to order the butter chicken and deep fried chicken wings.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Phnom Penh is nothing fancy, but it's incredibly tasty. Make sure to order the salt and pepper chicken wings. They're the best!
- Best for Family Friendly Because: For the adventurous little eaters in your life, Phnom Penh offers a very casual environment and a delicious menu to introduce them to new dishes.
- Best for Homestyle Because: The lemon grass chicken on rice and pho at Phnom Penh will make you feel right at home.