Also Featured In
Chambar's one of the few restaurants that's open first thing and closes late in the evening. This bodes well for hungry diners in search of a delicious meal any time of day. Whether you're here for... Read More
Chambar's one of the few restaurants that's open first thing and closes late in the evening. This bodes well for hungry diners in search of a delicious meal any time of day. Whether you're here for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, the Belgian-North African cuisine brings beautiful dishes to the table. Business or pleasure, lunch at Chambar is a solid choice. The buzzing atmosphere and flavorful menu make this place a popular spot amongst locals. For food, tuck into hearty dishes like the short rib fricassee. This favorite dish is made with braised short ribs, balsamic cipollini onions, potatoes, watercress, fried eggs, and applewood smoked cheddar. It's rich and delicious. For something lighter, try the mezze platter. It has a little bit of everything: salads, dips, haloumi cheese and other tasty bites. If it's one of 'those' lunches, don't miss the cocktail menu.
- Recommended as Best of Vancouver's Downtown Because: If you're a fan of mussels, Chambar's congolaise are basically a Vancouver institution now.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: It's hard to top Chambar's congolaise mussels and a cold Belgium beer on their lovely patio.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: The mussels and braised lamb shank tagging are two staples on Chambar's seasonal menu that have stood the test of time, and are local favorites.
- Best for Brunch Because: Served with spicy merguez sausage, a saffron tomato stew, fried pita, raita, and poached eggs, Chambar's tajine is filling, but not too rich.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Chambar's set menus take the guess work out of having to order a la carte.
- Best for Lunch Because: Sometimes it's brunch for lunch you want. When the mood strikes, head to Chambar and order the short rib fricassee.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Chambar's fricassee with braised short ribs, balsamic cippolini onions, potatoes, watercress, fried eggs, and applewood smoked cheddar is ridiculously indulgent and delicious.