Also Featured In
Cuisine: Belgian, European, Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
Chambar's one of the few restaurants that's open first thing and closes late in the evening. This bodes well for hungry diners in search of a delicious meal, any time of day. Whether you're here for... Read More
Chambar's one of the few restaurants that's open first thing and closes late in the evening. This bodes well for hungry diners in search of a delicious meal, any time of day. Whether you're here for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, the Belgian-North African cuisine brings beautiful dishes to the table. Breakfast starts at 8 am so you can even sneak in a breakfast date before hitting the office. On the menu, you'll find dishes like their paella. It's made with a fried egg, curried orzo, hot Spanish chorizo, charred tomato salsa, cucumber and cilantro. For something a little lighter, get the bon matin. This breakfast plate comes with prosciutto, tomato, avocado, olive tapenade, a soft boiled egg, brie, and sourdough. If you like sweets in the morning, be sure to order one of their waffles and a lavender latte.
- Breakfast: "Chambar takes reservations so give them a call to secure a table for breakfast, lunch or dinner."
- Romantic Dining, Outdoor Dining, Brunch, Group Friendly: "It's best to make a reservation on weekends as the place fills up quickly."
- Best of Vancouver's Downtown, Restaurants near Cruise Port, Lunch: "Chambar takes reservations so give them a call to secure a table."
- Best for Breakfast Because: Chambar's fricassee with braised short ribs, balsamic cippolini onions, potatoes, watercress, fried eggs, and applewood smoked cheddar is ridiculously indulgent and delicious.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: If your idea of a date night is something more lively, Chambar is the perfect spot for you.
- Recommended as Best of Vancouver's Downtown Because: If you're a fan of mussels, Chambar's congolaise are basically a Vancouver institution now.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: It's hard to top Chambar's congolaise mussels and a cold Belgium beer on their lovely patio.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: The mussels and braised lamb shank tagging are two staples on Chambar's seasonal menu that have stood the test of time, and are local favorites.
- Best for Brunch Because: Served with spicy merguez sausage, a saffron tomato stew, fried pita, raita, and poached eggs, Chambar's tajine is filling, but not too rich.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Chambar's set menus take the guess work out of having to order a la carte.
- Best for Lunch Because: Sometimes it's brunch for lunch you want. When the mood strikes, head to Chambar and order the short rib fricassee.