Also Featured In
Cuisine: Belgian, European, Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
If you prefer your date night to have a buzzing energy, head to Chambar. The room itself features beautiful light fixtures, earthy wood details and touches of leather that make for a vibrant and... Read More
If you prefer your date night to have a buzzing energy, head to Chambar. The room itself features beautiful light fixtures, earthy wood details and touches of leather that make for a vibrant and inviting room. The restaurant is lively, but you can still enjoy the conversation at your table. Chambar's Belgian menu is the creation of Michelin-trained Chef Nico Schuermans. While at Chambar, you have to make sure that an order of the mussels and frites makes their way to your table. The lamb tagine is another favorite dish, featuring a lamb shank that's braised with honey, figs, cinnamon and cilantro, served with cous cous and zalouk. Desserts are made in-house so make sure to save a little room. These guys are also known for their awesome beer list, inventive cocktails, and juicy wine options.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: If your idea of a date night is something more lively, Chambar is the perfect spot for you.
- Recommended as Best of Vancouver's Downtown Because: If you're a fan of mussels, Chambar's congolaise are basically a Vancouver institution now.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: It's hard to top Chambar's congolaise mussels and a cold Belgium beer on their lovely patio.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: The mussels and braised lamb shank tagging are two staples on Chambar's seasonal menu that have stood the test of time, and are local favorites.
- Best for Brunch Because: Served with spicy merguez sausage, a saffron tomato stew, fried pita, raita, and poached eggs, Chambar's tajine is filling, but not too rich.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Chambar's set menus take the guess work out of having to order a la carte.
- Best for Lunch Because: Sometimes it's brunch for lunch you want. When the mood strikes, head to Chambar and order the short rib fricassee.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Chambar's fricassee with braised short ribs, balsamic cippolini onions, potatoes, watercress, fried eggs, and applewood smoked cheddar is ridiculously indulgent and delicious.