Also Featured In
Take a trip down the Silk Road and walk into East is East for a tasty meal that will leave you full and satisfied, complimented by a calming serenity. When you walk into the restaurant you're ears are... Read More
Take a trip down the Silk Road and walk into East is East for a tasty meal that will leave you full and satisfied, complimented by a calming serenity. When you walk into the restaurant you're ears are treated to soothing music, dim lighting, rustic tables and chairs in a room that's adorned with plenty of pillows and beautifully crafted rugs. The menu has a vast array of vegetarian and meat options that will please differing palates. The peas and cheese (paneer, spices, potatoes and peas) is the ultimate comfort food! Wrap it up in a roti (they call it the Lion of the Desert) and order a bowl of their dahl and you're about to enter a blissful food coma. There's nothing dangerous about the Lion of the Desert, unless you consider the cravings you will have for it, long after you've left. They're also known for the chai tea and give diners a sample to savor before eating their meal. They do not serve liquor, but their chai is a lovely alternative.
4433 Main St.
604 565 4401
- Sun-Thu: 11:30am-4:30pm,; 4:30pm-10:30pm
- Fri-Sat: 11:30am-4:30pm,; 4:30pm-11:30pm
- Best for Vegetarian Because: East is East's dhal soup is so flavorful and satisfying. Pair it with the Lion of the Desert roti roll and you're set.
- Best for Casual Dining Because: The Chai Feast is a great way to sample a few different things.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: There's much to choose from at East is East because not only do they have gluten-free options, they have meat, vegetarian and vegan options.